Bump-out Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom Fantasy / Dream

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
For the Concierge Family Oceanview room category (not the 1-Bedroom Suites), could any who has stayed in the Bump-out room verandahs give some feedback on if you liked or not? So for deck 12 rooms 12008 12010 12508 & 12510.
At first glance I thought it would be great to have the extra balcony space but looking at the pictures I am worried it might make the ocean view seem far away from relaxing inside the stateroom and also give the verandah a bit of a claustrophobic tunnel feeling, also lack of light to the room. On the 1-bedroom suites I do not see this being an issue but with the narrow verandah of the Family Oceanview Concierge stateroom I am wondering.... Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

We stayed in one in 2014 and it was really nice. I believe if you search on my previous content, you should find my review with pictures. Can't remember the light levels and view from inside, but I know we had no complaints and tried to get the room again, but unfortunately didn't.

I have stayed in 12508 once and have it booked again for July 2020. We loved it! The extended verandah was great and we loved spending time out there, especially to watch the fireworks on pirate night. On our cruise last year we had 12528 with a regular verandah and definitely missed the extra space. I did not feel like the view was lacking at all and we had plenty of light!

We stayed in 12010 last year and are booked in 12510 next May. We LOVED the bump out balcony as we use that space a lot. The extra room was totally noticeable plus we loved having the chairs with the adjustable back. It definitely did not feel claustrophobic or like being in a tunnel at all. I would highly recommend!

we have stayed in room 12510 and 12010 this year already and have 3 upcoming fantasy cruises booked in 12510...........so I am a bit biased about how great these rooms are.

We spend more time on the verandah than in the room looking out at it. Being seated in the rooms isn't going to provide you much of an ocean view anyway.

We’ve stayed in 12510 and 12508 and loved the rooms and the extra space on the veranda. If we sail in concierge again, we would 100% be booking a bump out veranda again

I am the same as everyone else- loved the bigger balcony! They go quick so book early!

I've stayed twice in the 11th floor bump out 1 bedroom. Bummer there were not recliner chairs like on the forward 1bedrooms. Also there is full glass bubble. It's not horrible, but it's there.

Thank you to all that have replied so quickly; it sounds like the bump-out is a winner.

If the Bump-out is available only on the Port side (12008 or 12010) for a cruise date we are looking at but there are other standard size verandahs available on Starboard side that would face Castaway Cay (12516 , 12518 , 12504 ); is the Bump-out enough of an advantage to take Port side room and forgo the Starboard views of Castaway Cay?

Thank you to all that have replied so quickly; it sounds like the bump-out is a winner.

If the Bump-out is available only on the Port side (12008 or 12010) for a cruise date we are looking at but there are other standard size verandahs available on Starboard side that would face Castaway Cay (12516 , 12518 , 12504 ); is the Bump-out enough of an advantage to take Port side room and forgo the Starboard views of Castaway Cay?
Would be to me but I don’t spend my time on my balcony when at Castaway Cay. Plus we like to watch them tying up the ship on the port side when they dock.

I've stayed in 12510 twice. It was like having an extra room. We had two loungers and two chairs out there and my family would sit out there and talk about our plans for the day in the morning or what we did all day at night. Great place to see fireworks. Did not notice lack of light in cabin. It was also very close to the lounge. I would get a bump out every time if it was available, unless it was on deck 11. The enclosure would make me claustrophobic.

Yes, the extra space makes a big difference for the whole trip. If you want to get a look at CC you can get that on any of the other deck. I personally wouldn’t give up that extra space for a couple of hours, assuming you go ashore, of extra viewing time of CC.

I had 12008 on the last concierge cruise I did. I don't remember there being anything particularly dark about it, or a problem with the balcony. As someone else said, whenever you can get more room in a stateroom, take it.

Our first Disney cruise was in 12528. I spent exactly NO minutes staring out the balcony at Castaway. So having no possibility of it in 12008 was not an issue. When we were at CC I was either ON the Cay, looking at it for one last picture from a public space, or getting ready for dinner.

Would be to me but I don’t spend my time on my balcony when at Castaway Cay. Plus we like to watch them tying up the ship on the port side when they dock.

This!

Plus there is no guarantee that they will back in. While that is usually what is done, if they need to do drills or repair/maintenance requiring them to go bow first, they will.

We stayed in 12510 on the Fantasy in February this year and loved it! We had both regular chairs and loungers on the balcony with plenty of room to spare.

For the Concierge Family Oceanview room category (not the 1-Bedroom Suites), could any who has stayed in the Bump-out room verandahs give some feedback on if you liked or not? So for deck 12 rooms 12008 12010 12508 & 12510.
At first glance I thought it would be great to have the extra balcony space but looking at the pictures I am worried it might make the ocean view seem far away from relaxing inside the stateroom and also give the verandah a bit of a claustrophobic tunnel feeling, also lack of light to the room. On the 1-bedroom suites I do not see this being an issue but with the narrow verandah of the Family Oceanview Concierge stateroom I am wondering.... Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
We loved 12010 this past November, and would absolutely do the extended bump out again. Try to stay on the starboard or right side of the ship for views of Castaway Cay when you are docked.

There is no guarantee that the starboard side will face the castaway cay beach areas. There are reasons that the ship will park bow first, like if there is maintenance or life boat drills that require the ship to park that way. Typically yes, the ship does back in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter