• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bunnies and mooses and groupies, Oh my!!! The Wilderness Lodge groupies thread. 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliza61

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the WLV’s groupies thread.

Here‘s the place to be whether you’re just visiting or an old friend, Belly up to the bar partner. We’ve got moms, dads, honorary moms & dad, grandma’s and pop-pops, married, single and in between, young and young at heart from just about every place on the map. We’ve got ducks, rabbits and 4 crazy bears heck we’ve been known to have a dancing moose or two drop by.

All here swapping stories, pictures, trivia and information about our favorite resort at the world. The Wilderness lodge Villas. We’ll share dancing bananas during our good times and send group hugs and pixie dust during the rainy season. Some times we venture out and visit other resorts but then if you listen really hard you’ll hear the soft strains of the lodge music reminding you that she’s there waiting patiently for you to come “home”

So Welcome home & send our Moose Mom, Muushka (the keeper of all things important) your trip dates & birth days. We’ll keep a rocking chair on the porch empty for you.

wlventrance.jpg

Any rocking chair pictures out there?

G'morning, ALL! Looking forward to some fine reading!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

OK, here it is. The Vacation List for 2009!!

If you post a trip and it does not get on this list after a day or 2, silly me missed it.
Just post again or PM me, I promise I will put you on the list!

VWL Groupie WDW VACATIONS
and the other DVC vacations

June
Berta 12-19 VWL
Blossomz 12-18 BLT

July
twinklebug 7 BWV 8-14 VWL

August
SusanWasHere 16-20 First time at VWL!!! 20-27 BCV

September
Tea Pot 3-11 BWV
stopher1 5-8 AKV (Father-daughter....AWWWWW :goodvibes)
DISNEY FIX 26-Oct 1 BCV

October
KAT4DISNEY 3-10th BCV
Oshawa 9-16 Very first time at our beloved VWL!!!
Horselover 6-12 AKV
DVCGeek 16-21 VGC
Inkmahm 21-26 BWV

November
bobbiwoz 13 THV
stopher1 28-30 GVC
jimmytammy 28-Dec 10 VWL (is there any other place to stay in Dec???)
HelenK 29-Dec 4 VWL

December :santa:

Granny 1-5 AKV......fingers crossed for an add on date!
DiznyDi/Dad2-5 VWL 5-11 SSR
Happydinks VWL 2-11
Inkmahm 4-9 OKW 9-11 ALV
stopher1 5-8 AKV
Muushka 5-11 VWL
KeepSwimmingDory 5-8 BLT
tea pot 5-12 VWL
KAT4DISNEY 5-12 BLT Party!!!!
wildernessDad 6-11 VWL and then 11-18 AKV
bobbiwoz 10-14 VWL
DODIE!!!!!!!!! 12, 16 and 17 with a beautiful ship inbetween!!
claire_ont 19-29 VWL
stopher1 27-29 GVC

March
Cheer4bison 9 VWL..(cruise)...13-18 VWL

And now for our cruising Groupies........

Oh, and if anyone needs the patch for sea sickness, PM me for a great tip!

DaveH May 9-13 2010 DCL Wonder 4 day
Blossomz Aug 3-8 DCL
Muushka Sept 26-Oct 3 Freedom of the Seas (had to be different :rolleyes:)
bobbiwoz Nov 11-14 DCL
DaveH Dec 2-5 DCL
KeepSwimmingDory Dec 2-5 DCL
Inkmahm Dec 11-18 DCL
DODIE!!!!! Dec 12-16 DCL
Twokats Dec 30 - Jan 6 DCL

2011 Cruising Groupies

Blossomz Feb 27-March 3 The Brandy New Dream!!!!
Cheer4bison March 10-13 Dream!!!
May 31- June 7 2011 DCL Wonder Alaska Cruise!!
BWV Dreamin Aug 13-21 7 night Mediterranean DCL Cruise!!
Inkmahm Aug 16-23 ALASKA!!! DCL
stopher1 Sept 1-4 DCL

Eliza, what a great opening for the new thread. Almost brought a tear to my eye....:thumbsup2

Happy Monday Groupies and what a great new thread we have!!!
:goodvibes

Groupie Birthdays!!!

Eliza61..........................January 1 Our favorite New Years Baby!!
Blossomz.......................January 13
Twokats and Claire_ont...January 25.....Two-fer!
JimmyTammy ................January 28
Disney Loving Iowan.......January 29

WildernessDad.......... February 4
Cheer4Bison..............February 14

Muushka...............March 1
Inkmahm..............March 19
Horselover.............March 26

Granny..........................April 12
Tea Pot & DisneyNutzy....April 18
DiznyDi.........................April 23

Loribell...........................May 3
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZNY DAD!!! May 3
Maria (MiaSRN62)...........May 23

Corinne...........................June 6
KAT4DISNEY....................June 11

Oshawa ................July 6
lisah0711...............July 11
DaveH...................July 26
BWV Dreamin.........July 31

DODIE!!..........August 31

stopher1 ........October 4
Berta..............October 20

MaryJ.....................November 10

Mickeymorse..............Dec 15
WDWRR_ENGINEER...Dec 29

How to steal a Moosie for your very own!

Please, he is yours for the taking!

IMG]http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/uploads/43490/groupsm2.jpg[/IMG]

1. Click on "User CP" at the top left of the page.
2. Click on "Edit Avatar"
3. Add the above stuff and paste him in (don’t need to use the insert image thingy)
4. I removed the left bracket so that you can copy him, just add the [ to the left of the IMG].
5. Click the SAVE button, and you're done.

I must be a sleep at the switch and never posted our upcoming trips.:rolleyes
Mom and Dad only BCV Sept 27th -Oct. 2nd
Thanksgiving Split stay VWL Nov. 24th-Nov. 29th followed by BCV till Dec. 5th
2010 Split stay March 23rd-26th BLT followed by BCV till April 2nd.
2010 Mom and Dad (we'll see how long the kids tolerate this) last week in Sept.

Guys don't forget about some of the great trip reports just started in the 'old' thread.:love::love::love::love:

Oh my...I have been gone too long from the boards :scared1:

Part 4 already???
(It's good to be back!)

Just spent a night at our beloved lodge last Wednesday at the end of a rather impromptu vacation for my DD's birthday. I did not take one single picture :( I was too busy soaking in the lodge feel and sitting in one of those rocking chairs ;)

I must be a sleep at the switch and never posted our upcoming trips.:rolleyes
Mom and Dad only BCV Sept 27th -Oct. 2nd
Thanksgiving Split stay VWL Nov. 24th-Nov. 29th followed by BCV till Dec. 5th
2010 Split stay March 23rd-26th BLT followed by BCV till April 2nd.
2010 Mom and Dad (we'll see how long the kids tolerate this) last week in Sept.

Guys don't forget about some of the great trip reports just started in the 'old' thread.:love::love::love::love:

You made me think!!! I got them all (boy you have some great vacations coming up!!!:banana:) but the last one in Sept 2010.
Can I get the dates and the location? Thanks!

You made me think!!! I got them all (boy you have some great vacations coming up!!!:banana:) but the last one in Sept 2010.
Can I get the dates and the location? Thanks!

Good morning everyone!:wave2:

Thanks Eliza for opening the new thread - we love the welcoming message.:)

Horselover - did you ever hear back about the job (not the Target one - I think a crossing guard)?

Anyone seen or heard from Mia or Dory lately? They have been noticeably absent for a couple of weeks. Hope they find the new thread!

Have a great day -- we're under 60 days 'til our trip!:yay: Nothing on our waitlist for BLT yet though!:worried:

PS - Anyone know if Kouzzina has openend over at Boardwalk yet? We got ADR's for our trip - but the CM said that there are not guarantees the restaurant will be open. I thought that I read that it was opened!

Eliza - I must agree with Muushka on this one. Fantastic opening to the new thread. Well done! :worship:

Muushka - I see we're off & running for 2010 trips so you can add me to the list. March 11-15 @ BCV. I'm trying to fulfill my goal of trying all the resorts. I somehow keep getting pulled back to the Lodge though. I wonder why that is? :confused3 ;) My trips always seem to overlap with Jimmy & Tammy too. Coincidence?

Off to look through my pics & see if I have any rocking chair ones.

I"m back! Stayed at the Grand Californian last week for 4 nights and really liked it. My DH said it was like being in the Twilight zone. The hotel was close enough to the WL to make if seem familiar yet different enough that we didn't know where anything was. (Same for Disneyland itself, actually.)

We were put in a concierge room on the 6th floor but didn't get the concierge lounge access. We had booked standard view but I could see part of CA behind the pool and behind the DVC section under construction. I thought it was a great view for being "standard". Not sure what the difference was in our room but we were told it was a little bit nicer room with better amenities so it was an upgrade. I tried to upgrade to Downtown Disney or park view when we got there but the place was sold out and no such rooms were available. After seeing the room we got, I was happy that we didn't get the upgrade I asked for!

We were so busy last week from morning to night each day that I never logged in to check the DIS. Hope I didn't miss any major news!

Hi, groupies! I can't believe it's time for 4.0 already!

Hugs and handshakes all around. :)

hey all:)

i cannot believe we are going back during Xmas season and NOT staying @ WL:sad1:.

i am sorely tempted to 'upgrade' our FDP stay & try to get into their resort rooms, hate to miss the lobby...perfect setting for the tree:goodvibes

'current' PORFQ 12/5 to 12/13

DCL tentative date, made just to hold our OBC thus far' is DCL 12/09/10 to 12/12/10 (to be preceeded by WL i hope:)

Oh Eliza....
What a great opening post....I have to confess to getting a little misty eyed. :goodvibes
I'm so glad and grateful to be a groupie.:grouphug:

IMG_1629.jpg

Got to echo several others- great opening post!

Is there a membership form I need to fill out to be a full fledged Groupie? :lmao:

DW & I will be staying @ VWL for Oct. 23-25th 2009 (3 nights, check out the 26th)

Also, my parents arrived @ MCO about an hour ago and are spending 3 nights in WL. :goodvibes We are a family of groupies...

tea pot- Where is the sign in post #16? I need to make sure I get a picture of that on my next trip!

I've also got two BLT trips coming up, but I'll skip details of them here since they aren't at our beloved Lodge... Oh course I will ABSOLUTELY be visiting the WL on each trip as I always do, and most likely have dinner on arrival night at Whispering Canyon!!!

Hi Groupies!

I love these VWL threads. Thanks for such a grand re-opening.

I have VWL studio scheduled for the kids me for my b-day weekend at the start of Dec, but airfare's the killer. I can't bring myself to cancel just yet, thinking "it's only money"... I so want to see the lodge decorated up!

If I do cancel, I know I'll be that much more determined to add-on there. I love AKL - kidani, but VWL is home to me. Now, logically speaking which is the cheaper of the two solutions - $600 in airfare or an $8,000 add on :rotfl:

My tentative dates are:

VWL - Dec 4-7

AKV - K SV Feb 10-19

Will try to return to VWL in June/July - no dates set yet.

Hi DVCGeek

The Sign is located on a post just as you enter the villa pool area from the path that leads from the main hotel pool. There is a little wood bridge that connects the path to the pool area it's right there on the left if I remember correctly. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter