Burlington MA Disney Store Closing!

InCharacter23

"Ask Me Who I Am Today!"
The Burlington Mall Disney Store in Burlington, MA is closing it's door's forever at 10pm on March 5th. If you are in the area and loved coming to this store, come out and show your support and love.

SURPRISED!?

We were too. Given less then a 2 week notice! :mad: :guilty:

Only slightly related, but I worked at that store during the Summer of 1994 - right after I returned from the College Program.

Of course that was back when Disney owned them. . . .

I checked with one of my local stores here in the Philly area and they told me that nationally only SIX stores were closing. So not everyone doesn't have to worry!

my dm sent a list and my manager counte 10 stores closing, including mine. we were given just about two weeks notice...

my dm sent a list and my manager counte 10 stores closing, including mine. we were given just about two weeks notice...

I walked into the store... it was 4:30 on a Monday so everyone was either home, work or in transit making the store empty!!... and there is a manager and assistant manager unpacking some stuff and putting it on display right in the front. They do their greeting and I immediately asked if any of the Philly area stores were closing. They LITERALLY rolled their eyes like I was the five millionth person to ask that day. That is when they told me that no Philly stores were closing and that only 6 were closing nationally.

They also made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and that most of the situations were "temporary" stores. Which doesn't wash w/ what I have been reading on various message boards.

I would take your word on it over their's though! Sorry your store is closing. :sad2:

Anyone want to do a mini pod cast meet maybe for drinks & Apps at Rainforst cafe and do a final Shop?

I walked into the store... it was 4:30 on a Monday so everyone was either home, work or in transit making the store empty!!... and there is a manager and assistant manager unpacking some stuff and putting it on display right in the front. They do their greeting and I immediately asked if any of the Philly area stores were closing. They LITERALLY rolled their eyes like I was the five millionth person to ask that day. That is when they told me that no Philly stores were closing and that only 6 were closing nationally.

They also made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and that most of the situations were "temporary" stores. Which doesn't wash w/ what I have been reading on various message boards.

I would take your word on it over their's though! Sorry your store is closing. :sad2:

thanks! i counted today in an email we got and 13 stores are closing!! 13!!! it's no beuno! hopefully they will open a new one!

I was just in there last week. TWICE!!! I am so bummed!!!

We love going there. It is a tradition to go there during Feb. school break and then eat at the Rainforest Cafe. It kind of gets us through until the Apr. break when we go to WDW.

To the CM of the store... I was the women who bought the Handy Manny Tools for my DD last week. Did you wait on me??? I had my 2 DDs with me.

Anyone want to do a mini pod cast meet maybe for drinks & Apps at Rainforst cafe and do a final Shop?

I would be interested. Maybe the invitation should be posted on the "are you from Massachusetts" thread on the Welcome Board. There are a lot of Mass folks there.

Thats too bad. But seeing how much its gone downhill, over the past few years since CP took over, I guess its not too much of a loss. :(

We lost ours about three years ago. It was such a bummer. Now we have to drive two hours to get to the closest one. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter