Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Buschfan

Mouseketeer
I know there have been postings in the past from the fine folks close to this park. Anyone try the new indoor Smokehouse restaurant that opening this Spring? See on the website they have grilled salmon and multiple grilling areas near the seating areas. Want to try it for our trip in a few weeks and just curious on what people have to say about it.

We have season passes to BG Williamsburg and have tried the new smokehouse. There is no indoor seating but the serving lines are enclosed. Some of the outside seats have a good view of the oldies rock & roll show that just started this year. There are multiple lines serving the same items - the end ones sometimes have much shorter lines than the center one.

The brisket of beef continues to be wonderful, plenty of food. The sampler platter is also good (the chicken is so-so).

My wife tried the salmon but it was raw on the inside so she took it back.

My only complaint with this restaurant is the overpriced kids items. Seven bucks for a hot dog - you're kidding!

Next time we will feed the kids pizza ahead of time before going to the smokehouse.

The lines are incredible long starting at noon. It's like everyone arrives to the park, a few rides, then lunch. I walked past it at 10:30am on the way to ride Alpengeist, wasn't ready to eat, then came back at noon and the line zig zagged around the building. If you wanna try it, get there at 11am. It sure smells good as you're walking up because they have an open pit fire out front. Ended up going back to Fethasus, which also had long lines, but was at least bearable. I had a braught (hot dog) and it was only a few bucks. Added a side of sauerkraut for a couple more. The first time they gave me the sauerkraut in a little cup and didn't even charge me for it. The 2nd time they put it on the side and it was $1.50, no biggie. It's not on the menu (they want you to buy the full meal), but the person at the register knows how to ring up a hotdog by itself for a couple bucks. That's the answer to hotdogs for the kids.

We too have season passes. The lines are long and I can't imagine having to sit outside in the heat of the summer. There is no indoor option. I will still go to Germany to get a little relief from the heat. The food at the smokehouse was O.K., but the ribs had very little meat on them and the bugs you have to fight while eating were terrible!

Thanks for all the responses. I was really mistaken when I thought the seating was indoors. We will try it if we are there 2 days. Not sure if we will have the time. The renovated Festhaus and the Irish place we ate last year sound like better bets. Thanks again for all the info. I am surprised that so many folks have visited this soon in the season there. Can't wait to visit the park and see some hills for a change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter