Busch Gardens Williamsburg

halfpintpeggy

DIS Veteran
Hi y’all!
We’re doing a 5 night budget-friendly trip this summer to Busch Gardens Williamsburg & their water park, Water Country USA.
We bought 3 day, 2 park tickets with All Day Dining included from UT. The tickets were $190.20 each.
We got the multi day parking ticket from the BGW site for $55.
We only live 4 hours away so the driving costs will be minimal.

Hubby found a terrific deal on a 2 bedroom unit at Club Wyndham Kingsgate for $94 a night plus $7 per night resort fee.
I’m really looking forward to having space to spread out rather than being crammed in a hotel room! The teens are super excited about the great amenities at this resort!
Since we’ll have a full kitchen, I’ll be bringing some food & snacks. (And hubby loves to grill so he’ll likely cook any of the bigger meals. 😂)

Currently our plan is…
Arrival day - settle in & enjoy the resort.
Day 2 - BGW
Day 3 - Water Country USA
Day 4 - resort/pool day
Day 5 - BGW

What are your thoughts on our vacation plan?
Does anyone know if we can use mobile ordering for the restaurants that are included in All Day Dining?
Does anyone have advice on where we can grab a spot with a shade umbrella at Water Country? (We’re not budgeting for a cabana.)
Any additional advice for us?

Thanks in advance! We’re truly looking forward to an affordable, low stress, minimal planning, theme park vacation! 🥰

I can't help answer your question OP, but would love to know where your husband found the great deal for the condo? We have been tossing around the idea of a Williamsburg vacation. Thanks!

No interest in the colonial park? Granted it’s not an all day attraction at times but we have found it to be interesting. Don’t forget to visit the Fat Canary

We visited Busch Gardens as an add on to a Colonial Williamsburg package.

It was true fun for the man and DGD in particular. They came back daily with animated reports of their doings.
I went one day with them and it was mentally interesting comparing it to WDW.

We felt the German food and show was on par and in some ways better than EPCOT . The park is graded differently than Disney. Lots of steep inclines that would alarm the stroller brigade. Their version of the Haunted House will probably be enjoyed by your teens. Not sure if a water park entrance was included. They came back wet at least once with talk of a tower they walked up.

Have fun, your itinerary sounds like you will enjoy yourselves!

I love Williamsburg and I am a pass holder at Busch Gardens. Since it is close to where I work in D.C. I go down there frequently. I have a trip coming up over President's Day weekend. I will be staying at the HICV Williamsburg. It is a little farther from CW and Busch Gardens, but really nice and I am an owner there.

I think the Wyndham place you chose is a timeshare resort. They will try to sell you their product, but it's a decent place to stay.

No interest in the colonial park? Granted it’s not an all day attraction at times but we have found it to be interesting. Don’t forget to visit the Fat Canary
Hubby & I are definitely interested in the colonial park but the teens? Not so much. 🙄
Us grown folks may sneak a visit there during our resort/pool day.

We visited Busch Gardens as an add on to a Colonial Williamsburg package.

It was true fun for the man and DGD in particular. They came back daily with animated reports of their doings.
I went one day with them and it was mentally interesting comparing it to WDW.

We felt the German food and show was on par and in some ways better than EPCOT . The park is graded differently than Disney. Lots of steep inclines that would alarm the stroller brigade. Their version of the Haunted House will probably be enjoyed by your teens. Not sure if a water park entrance was included. They came back wet at least once with talk of a tower they walked up.

Have fun, your itinerary sounds like you will enjoy yourselves!
Thanks so much, friend!
I know they’ve turned the Haunted House into an indoor roller coaster called, Darkoaster.
My hubby is already scrutinizing the German food menu at Festhaus lol.

I love Williamsburg and I am a pass holder at Busch Gardens. Since it is close to where I work in D.C. I go down there frequently. I have a trip coming up over President's Day weekend. I will be staying at the HICV Williamsburg. It is a little farther from CW and Busch Gardens, but really nice and I am an owner there.
Oh, that’s so cool you’re close enough to visit frequently! <3
Our closest parks are Hershey Park, Dorney Park & Dutch Wonderland.
(I miss this kids being little because DW is such a lovely park, & they have Dole Whips!)
Maybe we’ll look into staying at HICV next time, how are their amenities?
I hope you have a wonderful trip over President’s Day weekend!

We did a very similar trip a few years ago except we added on Colonial Williamsburg. Our teenagers really enjoyed it. We did Jamestown as well and everyone liked that as much as Williamsburg!

We did a very similar trip a few years ago except we added on Colonial Williamsburg. Our teenagers really enjoyed it. We did Jamestown as well and everyone liked that as much as Williamsburg!
I was curious about Jamestown! What’s it like? Good to know your teens enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg - maybe we can convince ours to go. 🤪

Oh, that’s so cool you’re close enough to visit frequently! <3
Our closest parks are Hershey Park, Dorney Park & Dutch Wonderland.
(I miss this kids being little because DW is such a lovely park, & they have Dole Whips!)
Maybe we’ll look into staying at HICV next time, how are their amenities?
I hope you have a wonderful trip over President’s Day weekend!
The have two pools, a bowling alley and a small bar and quick service restaurant. The villas are quite roomy and they have a deluxe product on site as well. One nice feature is that all of the villas have washers and dryers. I prefer building six because you get a big stand-alone shower in most of those villas instead of just a tub shower. It is very close to the Williamsburg Walmart, which makes for convenient shopping for food for your villa. There is also a Harris Teeter grocery store close by.

The have two pools, a bowling alley and a small bar and quick service restaurant. The villas are quite roomy and they have a deluxe product on site as well. One nice feature is that all of the villas have washers and dryers. I prefer building six because you get a big stand-alone shower in most of those villas instead of just a tub shower. It is very close to the Williamsburg Walmart, which makes for convenient shopping for food for your villa. There is also a Harris Teeter grocery store close by.
Sounds great, thanks!

I was curious about Jamestown! What’s it like? Good to know your teens enjoyed Colonial Williamsburg - maybe we can convince ours to go. 🤪
We’ve always enjoyed the history of Jamestown and seeing the archeological digs in the area was fascinating. Standing in one of the oldest settlements in the US was awe inspiring to me. It is probably only a half day visit then the kids can head back the pool lol.

Hi y’all!
We’re doing a 5 night budget-friendly trip this summer to Busch Gardens Williamsburg & their water park, Water Country USA.
We bought 3 day, 2 park tickets with All Day Dining included from UT. The tickets were $190.20 each.
We got the multi day parking ticket from the BGW site for $55.
We only live 4 hours away so the driving costs will be minimal.

Hubby found a terrific deal on a 2 bedroom unit at Club Wyndham Kingsgate for $94 a night plus $7 per night resort fee.
I’m really looking forward to having space to spread out rather than being crammed in a hotel room! The teens are super excited about the great amenities at this resort!
Since we’ll have a full kitchen, I’ll be bringing some food & snacks. (And hubby loves to grill so he’ll likely cook any of the bigger meals. 😂)

Currently our plan is…
Arrival day - settle in & enjoy the resort.
Day 2 - BGW
Day 3 - Water Country USA
Day 4 - resort/pool day
Day 5 - BGW

What are your thoughts on our vacation plan?
Does anyone know if we can use mobile ordering for the restaurants that are included in All Day Dining?
Does anyone have advice on where we can grab a spot with a shade umbrella at Water Country? (We’re not budgeting for a cabana.)
Any additional advice for us?

Thanks in advance! We’re truly looking forward to an affordable, low stress, minimal planning, theme park vacation! 🥰

if you don't want to do a full day of Colonial Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown, I might suggest that either on your arrival day or your pool day, you book a ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg. It's cheaper, it lets you walk and see a lot of the area, it will be cooler in the summer at night, and it's still got a lot of the historical stories you'd hear on CW tours.

Also, I've pitched this restaurant a lot, but if you go to the area, visit Food for Thought. It has lunch specials, so it might be perfect for your down day. Delicious, customizable food from a non-franchise place. https://www.foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/

if you don't want to do a full day of Colonial Williamsburg/Jamestown/Yorktown, I might suggest that either on your arrival day or your pool day, you book a ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg. It's cheaper, it lets you walk and see a lot of the area, it will be cooler in the summer at night, and it's still got a lot of the historical stories you'd hear on CW tours.

Also, I've pitched this restaurant a lot, but if you go to the area, visit Food for Thought. It has lunch specials, so it might be perfect for your down day. Delicious, customizable food from a non-franchise place. https://www.foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/
Thanks so much for the suggestions, appreciate it!
A ghost tour would definitely 👍🏻 go over big with the family!

Your vacation plan looks good to me. We are BG/WC pass holders and have been many times. You will find covered seating at Water Country over by Hubba Hubba Highway. I am unsure about the mobile order and dining plan. We typically go through the lines when we dine at BG and WC because a lot of the options including the entrees are grab and go. You just stand in line with your tray and load it up. It's not like Disney's quick service at all. If you choose to eat dinner out while in Williamsburg I highly recommend Food For Thought.

Your vacation plan looks good to me. We are BG/WC pass holders and have been many times. You will find covered seating at Water Country over by Hubba Hubba Highway. I am unsure about the mobile order and dining plan. We typically go through the lines when we dine at BG and WC because a lot of the options including the entrees are grab and go. You just stand in line with your tray and load it up. It's not like Disney's quick service at all. If you choose to eat dinner out while in Williamsburg I highly recommend Food For Thought.
Thanks so much for the great tips!!! <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter