Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Your vacation plan looks good to me. We are BG/WC pass holders and have been many times. You will find covered seating at Water Country over by Hubba Hubba Highway. I am unsure about the mobile order and dining plan. We typically go through the lines when we dine at BG and WC because a lot of the options including the entrees are grab and go. You just stand in line with your tray and load it up. It's not like Disney's quick service at all. If you choose to eat dinner out while in Williamsburg I highly recommend Food For Thought.
In your opinion, do you think we will need quick queue?
We’ll be at BGW during weekdays in July.
Thanks!

Thanks!
We've never gotten it and the lines have never been very long. If you're going around the 4th, it might be busier. Keep in mind that it might be hot/muggy that time of year. The park is hilly so you'll work up a sweat walking around, but there's lots of shade.

The festhaus is a nice air conditioned break for a meal and they have German dancing/singing performances while you eat. Kind of like in EPCOT Germany Beirgarten. There's also a nice theater near the entrance with seasonal performances, again, a nice A/C break.

Thanks!
This is a difficult question. It's so hit or miss with the lines at Busch Gardens and a lot depends on the weather. I don't know your tolerance for lines, but if it was my family of 4 there's no way I'd pay $400ish for the quick queue at BG. You have two BG days and can ride everything without it. If you have to skip something (you won't unless you come late or leave early) skip DarKoaster. It's newer so it may have a long line and it's not good...like at all. Short and uneventful. If it's hot, and it likely will be, the lines at Water Country will be long. I would pay the $200ish for the quick queue for my family of 4 at WC. Standing barefoot on all the steps is brutal in the hot sun so I think it's worth it there, especially at half the price of BG quick queue. The only way I would skip the quick queue there is if your family intends to spend a lot of the time in pools or lazy rivers instead of on the slides or if it happens to rain that day.

We stayed at the same place, through VRBO, before, and really liked it. They offered for us to come to the timeshare presentation for a 4 night stay at any of their properties, and when I said we weren't interested, that was the end of it.

My teens loved the pool, I loved the space.

They also loved Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown (my oldest is a history buff, so this vacation was kind of aimed for him.)

We brought our daughter and her friend to DC and Williamsburg a couple of times 20 yrs ago. IMO, Busch Gardens is a beautiful little park. At that time, I'm pretty sure it was possible to buy a ticket for both the Gardens and the water park.
Our daughter's son is now 10 yrs old and we plan to bring him on the same trip probably next year. He loves history!

Williamsburg is lovely. I really like the region and I think you should consider going to Colonial Williamsburg in addition to BG. Also, you may want to explore Jamestown and Yorktown if you have additional time. Make your kids watch Hamilton before they go and I bet they will find some of the history in the region interesting.

Williamsburg is lovely. I really like the region and I think you should consider going to Colonial Williamsburg in addition to BG. Also, you may want to explore Jamestown and Yorktown if you have additional time. Make your kids watch Hamilton before they go and I bet they will find some of the history in the region interesting.
Not meaning to be snarky But what does Hamilton have anything to do with Williamsburg or Yorktown?

We stayed at the same place, through VRBO, before, and really liked it. They offered for us to come to the timeshare presentation for a 4 night stay at any of their properties, and when I said we weren't interested, that was the end of it.

My teens loved the pool, I loved the space.

They also loved Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown (my oldest is a history buff, so this vacation was kind of aimed for him.)
I’m so grateful for your feedback on the condo through VRBO & that y’all enjoyed staying there. Thank you!

We did this trip last summer minus the Bush Gardens. My 20 something year olds preferred golfing and sun bathing to going to the parks. I am a teacher and I was able to get an annual pass for Colonial Williamsburg very inexpensively. I went to the historic area almost everyday even if it was only for a couple of hours. I found it nice and relaxing. We ate at the Dog Street Pub and The Cheese Shop for lunches and really enjoyed both. We also went over to Yorktown to the beach for a day. It is a cute little public beach on the James River. We are from Western NY and whenever we can eat Raising Canes or Cook Out we are all in on those too.

There is a whole act dedicated to the Battle of Yorktown. A lot of history happened in that region.
Got it. We vis Yorktown last summer and I didn’t recall hearing his name come up. Googled and found the connection

If you can only do one of the Jamestown museums, I highly recommend the Jamestown Settlement over historic Jamestowne.

The museum at the Settlement is extremely well done. And it has the ship replicas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter