Busier in Jan or Feb?

Limmer

DIS Veteran
We had been planning a cruise for March but I just found out I won't be able to fly by then (we are pregnant- YEAH!). So... if no cruise I guess we will have to go back to Disney;) .:p Would you recommend going in Jan or Feb? We have only been in Oct and Sept so I have no idea what the weather is like, how busy it is, are there discounts etc. Fill me in guys! What would you do?

i went in Feb - president's day/week to be accurate. it was busy... but the bonus was that the hours were a bit longer than the regular winter hours. and using fastpass intelligently really cut down on our wait times in line. i also liked it cuz it was really, really warm already. i was in shorts and a tank top every day (with a light jacket for early am's or evenings.)

can't help with discounts - stayed in an offsite villa! but, we did get the cdn "buy 1, get 1 half price" 7-day park hopper plus passes. dunno if that deal will be around again this year - but it was also excellent!!!

The value period for the resorts ends early/mid February, but as long as you start your stay in the value time, I believe you still get the value rates for your entire stay.
There are some periods that you have to avoid in February (ie. Presidents day), but it does seem to get a little bit busier in Feb than it is in Jan. I don't think there is a great deal of difference in the weather between these 2 months. We've seen everything from 37 degrees to high 80's, so who knows what you'll get. Pack for all kinds of temperatures.
Even though the hours are cut back, the line ups are usually not very long. :crowded: Quite a few attractions are walk-ons, so you can see and do a lot more in less time.
We really enjoy going at that time of year because it is a nice break from the loooong Canadian winter. In fact, we just decided last weekend that we're going again in 2004:D ::MickeyMo :D
Keep an eye out for the special 7 day hopper pass Canadian special. We've used it both times, saves a little money. Watch for it on this board...usually announced October/November.

We have travelled to WDW 5 times so far in Feb...anywhere from the 14th through to the 28th.President's week is definately a week to avoid....I hit it one year and it was unbearable...that's cause you get spoiled travelling when the lines are so short.LY we went Mar 1 and avoided all the March break crowds (maybe it was just cause of the impending war...I'am not entirely sure?)....we'll do this again this year due to holiday scheduling conflicts...(damn work).Anyway Feb was awesome cause the deals we're always great the weather nice and the lines short.Enjoy your pre baby holiday and congradulations!!!!:duck: my daughter picked the smilie (weird....she's ten what can I say.)

if the crowds, historically, have been heavy the week after Jan18? We know that weekend might be a little crazy, so we're not planning on heading to the parks until later in the week.

As always, thoughts and speculations are much appreciated!

And congrats to Limmer!:sunny:

We've gone a few times early Feb, and even with the cheerleaders, the lines haven't been too bad. As someone else said, intelligent use of Fastpass can be a godsend! I would also say that I will never, ever go again during President's week. It happened to me once when I was 7 mths pregnant with my dd, and I had never seen it so brutally busy.

Is there something special going on the week of Jan 18th? I think that the marathon is the weekend before. Traditionally, we love to do MK on a Sunday morning because it seems to be "changeover" day in the resorts so there are fewer people in the parks. So unless there's something special going on, I wouldn't necessarily avoid the parks on the Sunday.

Congratulations, Limmer !!!

Mary Liz

Late January is slow. Super Bowl Sunday is particularily dead and a terrific day to visit the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter