Buy where you want to stay...

It depends on the time of year. Holidays are tough, but there are apps and the dvc website can show when rooms are available.

One will be able to exchange their points for RIV with points rental companies. If one wants to stay at RIV. It will probably cost $3 or $4/pt for a straightup trade.

The same applies to RIV resale buyers.

Right now, if a resale buyer wants to do a Disney cruise, there are points rental sites that will make that happen.

All of this will be arbitraged and should not be viewed as an issue.
You think so, the overwhelming vast majority of points are grandfathered to use at RIV. I don’t see this being an issue for many years to come.

You think so, the overwhelming vast majority of points are grandfathered to use at RIV. I don’t see this being an issue for many years to come.

Unfortunately, we just cleared ROFR so we aren't grandfathered. Fortunately, there are other resorts that are higher on our list that we want to exchange into.
And for those like me who aren't grandfathered, I have no doubt that point resellers will be able to accommodate us should we decide to stay at the Riviera.
The three monorail resorts are at the top of my list after our purchase is complete. That alone will take a few years, as we won't be going to DW every year.

It depends on your travel dates and your flexibility.
Would you be really upset not getting BWV during food and wine? Or getting BRV during Christmas?
Then buy where you want to stay.

Would you like to visit all resorts and can visit during the summer or other slow DVC periods? Then buy a resort you don't mind staying and try at 7 resorts. I've stayed at all resorts except WL (targeting it for next time) switching at 7 months, but I've also been "stuck" at SSR points at times (and enjoying the stay).
You LITERALLY just explained my purchases at BWV and BRV. Lol!

FYI, I booked 11 months out on Saturday for Boardwalk, and my days are already no longer available in the room choice I wanted. One day made the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter