Buying a Disneyland Pass online

Louise97

Mouseketeer
I thought I'd share my experience since I had a lot of questions about buying the new Disneyland Pass online and couldn't find answers. Happy to answer any questions!

The UK DLP site says passes are available either at the gate or by phone, subject to availability. However, under "What are the payment options for Disneyland Pass?", it says that passes can be purchased online on the French, Belgian and Dutch websites. I used the French site with the aid of Google Translate. Here's some things I learned along the way:
  • I use Google Chrome, and when I tried adding the pass to my cart, the page turned blank. Switching to Incognito mode solved this.
  • You need to add a photo for each pass, which will be used to check your identity at the entrance to the Disney Parks. The rules are: 15 MB max / 239px x 292px in JPG, PNG or GIF. I had no problem with a standard head and shoulders passport-style photo.
  • On the payment page, I tried my Mastercard but it didn't work. PayPal went through with no problems.
  • Adding passes to the DLP app was straightforward. I received an email within minutes with our pass numbers which we added to the app.
  • I was able to make our three reservations right away! We were able to add the passes to both of our accounts so either of us could make reservations for both of us.
  • The order confirmation email and the email with our pass numbers was in French, but our reservation confirmation emails were in English and the next day I received a welcome email in English.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I'm doing initial research into when we want to visit and what the price might be.

What pass did you buy and are you going to use it throughout the year or are you using it for one multi-day visit?

Thanks for sharing. I'm doing initial research into when we want to visit and what the price might be.

What pass did you buy and are you going to use it throughout the year or are you using it for one multi-day visit?

Sorry for not replying sooner, we were away making use of the passes! We were in France for an extended family trip but our flight/train times meant we needed to do an overnight in Paris so the passes meant we could just pop in for a few hours on Wednesday and Thursday.

We bought one Gold pass and one Silver pass. The Silver pass works for our dates, but the extra discount and the annual photopass were worth upgrading one of us to Gold. The DLP photopass isn't as good as WDW so I can't justify the cost for every trip, but this way we get it all year.

We're planning a few trips throughout the year. We can get direct easyJet flights from our local airport so I'm keeping an eye for cheap times to go - we've already found flights after work on a Friday in November and back on the Sunday night so we don't need to use up any annual leave. Between those, plus planned trips in October and January, we'll come out ahead with the passes and will see how many more we can manage before they expire.

We've got a mix of offsite hotels in Val d'Europe booked, and onsite where we can get a good room only rate through Hotels.com - I was amazed that Hotel Cheyenne was only £115/night in January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter