Buying Direct Promotions - Existing Members

Jimmy Geppetto

DIS Veteran
Hello,

DVC had promotions for existing members who wanted to buy additional points for AKV, OKW and SSR. These promotions expired yesterday (Sept 8th). I'm wondering if anyone has heard if new Fall promotions were released today?

I only see the new Aulani and Riviera on the website. I think one has to call to see if they are offering anything off sold out resorts.

Watching the prices recently, both direct and resale, I went ahead and bought another 50 at RIV. I was seeing BLT running as high as 205 a point resale.

What do you think will happen to resale prices of OKW and SSR now that the incentives have stopped and prices are now $180pp?

Hello,

DVC had promotions for existing members who wanted to buy additional points for AKV, OKW and SSR. These promotions expired yesterday (Sept 8th). I'm wondering if anyone has heard if new Fall promotions were released today?

They generally have SOME perks or SLIGHTLY better deals available. But it is also usually restricted to whatever properties they are trying to push. This means that special deals and 'extra points' are often not available on everything.

I agree that you will need to call and ask. If there is no special deal available right now, give it a few months, perhaps into January or February and see if they come back.

Didn't they just increase OKW a couple of months ago? $165 to $170? I guess this is why they are actively buying back.
Yes, it was $165 in early June because I was talking to a guide about adding on before it went up $5 a point. There was about a week long span where current members could still buy at the lower price but, new buyers would pay the new price of $170 pp. Sometimes direct is the better, not necessarily cheaper option. I’m so glad we added on when we did.

Last edited:
180 per point at OKW and SSR is way too much. It will be interesting to see if people buy though.

180 per point at OKW and SSR is way too much. It will be interesting to see if people buy though.
We have owned OKW 2057 which is not always easy to find in resale. The increased pricing to $180 would nix any chance of adding on direct for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter