BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

Valentine

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
GOOFYINOHIO - Captain - Chris Team 2 (Buzz's Brigade, To Infinity and Beyond)
VALENTINE (Kathy)
DUANERICE - Duane
SPACE RANGER - John
KAREN EAST - Karen
MAHERAE - Anne
MINI GIRL - Eva
ALDISNEYGRL - - Allie
WDWFAN9 CO-Captain - Pat
KEENERCAM - Cam
NYCPA - Kathy
CYNTHIACINDY - Cindy
MOUSEDOGMOM - Jackie
GETNTHINR - Wendy
BJKJ - Jill
MICKEYT - Mike
IHEARTDL - Leslie
AUNTIMO3 - Michelle

GET MOVING!!! To Infinity And Beyond

Okay Team... Here we go... This will be our New Thread. Each Friday You will Post your Miles/Hours for the preceding Week. (The previous 7 days) Your Miles/Hours for each Friday go toward the FOLLOWING week. Please only post Weekly Totals.. NOT daily.

Now... Keep your arms and legs OUTSIDE and Get ready to Rumble!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GO TEAM!!!!:grouphug:

4.5 miles -- 77 minutes

Just an easy walk before throwing my stuff in the car to head to Norfolk. Big sports weekend for our family -- girls are in high school regional swim championships and I'm off to do the East Beach (Norfolk) Half in Norfolk VA.

Wendy.. we are not posting daily totals.... You need to keep track of your own mileage for the week and then post your TOTAL for the week on this thread Next Friday. Okay? :thumbsup2 (Although.. I am impressed that you have done that already today!! All I have done is pick up and put down my tea cup!! LOL!!!!

Kathy

No problem. I'll keep up with the weekly stuff as well. I just wrote it down here so I wouldn't forget! I guess I need to find a scrap of paper somewhere. :)

As far as my race plans... Got as far as north Raleigh and had to come home. Cracked axel in hubby's car meant he needed mine for the swim meet this weekend. The kid's swim meets trump my racing addiction -- after all, the Norfolk Half should be there for many years and my kids will be off to college soon. Yikes!

completely off topic here wendy.. but Just LOOKING at your signature makes me EXHAUSTED!!! How do you do it?????

Kathy

completely off topic here wendy.. but Just LOOKING at your signature makes me EXHAUSTED!!! How do you do it?????

Kathy

Awwwww... :blush: Kathy, the races are easy compared to keeping up with 3 kids, a job, and a husband who cheerfully volunteers us for all sorts of things. I love walking and Disney, so I'd do every Disney race if we could manage the expense (which, sadly, we can't). My only real regret is that it didn't become the family activity I'd hoped -- my daughters never liked running or walking -- even for the medals. They are swimmers to the core. My son, on the other hand, thinks he wants to be my running buddy. This year I'm going to try very hard to get him to some cool short races and "fan the flame". At 9, he's at that perfect age where he'll try anything -- and I'd love to get him interested in my "hobby".

It was a lovely day in central NY. Started out as snow-freezing rain-rain-snow. Made driving a little interesting. Went to the gym after work for about an hour. Will keep track of hours and miles on a spreadsheet and post at the end of the week.

Everyone keep up the good work.

What a GREAT castle picture, Kathy!!! WOW!!! :goodvibes

Hope everyone is doing great today. Day one and we're off. :cool1:

I got in my longest run since the Marathon and I feel GREAT. I'll keep track of mine on a spreadsheet (Surprise) and post mine next week as well.

Anyone on the team have any events coming up?

I've got a two mile run (that has to be postmarked tomorrow, and I haven't mailed it yet :headache: ) on Sunday the 10th. It will be my first run since the 5K in Disney. I'll let you know how I do. I am hoping to pick up my speed. Just hope the weather is somewhat nice, and warm would be helpful.

Hope everyone is doing great today. Day one and we're off. :cool1:

I got in my longest run since the Marathon and I feel GREAT. I'll keep track of mine on a spreadsheet (Surprise) and post mine next week as well.

Anyone on the team have any events coming up?

Nothing scheduled till Goofy. I need to get a few on the calender. Does anyone have a good website to find races. My family is SOOOO busy with life that I need to find things close to home.

Thanks!

I was thrilled to drag my tired body to the gym this morning. I got in my longest distance in an hour on the TM and will endeavor to pump that up even more, adding to our teams miles a fraction of a mile at a time! ;) :cool1:

A training hint for y'all. From the training table of champions. Chilli, the classic chilli is loaded with carbs and protien and goes down easy. I reccommend eating about an hour before a long LSD workout.

Helpful Panda:love:

A training hint for y'all. From the training table of champions. Chilli, the classic chilli is loaded with carbs and protien and goes down easy. I reccommend eating about an hour before a long LSD workout.

Helpful Panda:love:

Don't Listen To HIm.. STEP AWAY FROM THE CHILI!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That evil Panda!!!

Anne Which Castle Shot were you referring to??? I have a beautiful one from this past trip that.. Ummmmm.. I haven't posted yet.. Yeah. Yeah.. Carrie's gonna kick my butt!! LOL!!!

Kathy

Nothing scheduled till Goofy. I need to get a few on the calender. Does anyone have a good website to find races. My family is SOOOO busy with life that I need to find things close to home.

Thanks!

bjkj, I'd recommend two things to start with...

Go to Active.com and click the link for the "Classic Event Search" -- you'll be able to enter the state and the dates you're interested in and get a pretty good selection.

You can also go to runningnetwork.com and select from the list at the top that says "find a publication near you" -- This will list a lot of regional events and smaller local races.

Funny thing... Because of the family car trouble, my son and I ended up walking the trails at a local state park instead of me doing the half marathon I'd planned. At one point I was feeling a little blue, thinking about the medal I missed. I signed my son and myself up for the Ripleys Aquarium Fun Run at Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks, though, so I used today to start coaching him a little. I was talking to him about races and what he should expect (i.e., don't go out too fast, try to stay out of the way of faster folks, try to relax and have fun, squeeze your cup into a funnel so you can drink and keep moving, etc., etc.) and in one of those "out of the mouths of babes" moments, he said, "Mom, isn't today nice? No crowds of people to weave through, no sidewalks or pavement, no clock -- just me and you enjoying nature and talking to each other. I really like races, but I'm glad for days like today too."

Yeah, and I'm glad I have you to remind me of that, son. :love:

Don't Listen To HIm.. STEP AWAY FROM THE CHILI!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That evil Panda!!!

Anne Which Castle Shot were you referring to??? I have a beautiful one from this past trip that.. Ummmmm.. I haven't posted yet.. Yeah. Yeah.. Carrie's gonna kick my butt!! LOL!!!

Kathy

Yeah, I was thinking if we followed his dining recommendation there would be a nice green cloud following us. :rotfl2: Although, it might not be a bad idea to "skunk out" the rest of the teams. :rolleyes1

I think Anne was referring to NYcpa Kathy and not you Valentine Kathy. Although we would love to see a castle pic of you too.

Oh, and guess what??? My daughter and I just got offered discount tickets to see....................

Annie! :cool1: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :dance3: I am so excited!! Of course, I thought of you. We are all the way up in the balcony, but it won't matter. It will still be a great show!

I thought that also after I posted it.. but figured it would all come out in the wash!! LOL!!

Yay for the tix!!! Enjoy the show!!! I have to meet with my 30 orphans in the morning.. and narrow them down to 16.. OY!!!! I am thinking maybe I could be like the Wizard of Oz.. and hide behind a curtain... LOL!!

Kathy

I had to add an updated photo of tough guy on BUZZ to help motivate me to Infinity and Beyond!! :)

Here is my castle pic I was talking about! LOL!!

IMG_8251.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter