BWI or MDT (Harrisburg) Flyers, I need your help!

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
Missed AirTran extending their flights and now all the reasonably priced fares ($158) are sold out for my departing day flight (11/21 or 11/22) and the only fares left are over $450/pp. OUCH! I really wanted to try and fly either AirTran or Southwest since they are the only two carriers with non-stop flights from BWI to MCO.

I'm trying to find a fare under $200/pp. Should I wait until summer or until sales may or may not come out, OR should I try to find something now and book?

All you BWI or MDT (Harrisburg, PA) fliers I need your expertise! TIA!

Don't give up! Both Airtran and S/W, out of BWI go up and down. My original fare, for May flights on Airtran,(both Sunday non-stop departures), was $591.0 for 3 people when I booked in December. (Our travel dates are not flexible, because of our accomadations) I booked this far out, much to my wifes chagrin, because I didn't want to take a chance on not getting the flights we need. Fast forward to the middle of January....the flights went down, for the 3 of us,by $168.00, and went even lower, last month. What I'm getting at, is that you have a loooooooong time to book, and the airfares seem to really go down, at least a few months out., before they spike again, shortly before departure. (i.e., the same flights would now cost us $921.00) How's that for a price swing? Hope this helps!!!!

Actually it does, thank you. Since I'm a rookie at all this, I guess I'd feel better if I could book my flight now and have it over and done with. With all the talk of USAir's financial problems and and the time of year we are traveling (Thanksgiving) I'm just a little nervous about getting stuck without airline tickets. I'll take a deep breath and relax and watch for Southwest to release their flights. Thanks!

Hi Neighbor! I have no idea how rates are the week you are going, but when I was doing my research for my trip (Apr 27-May3), I found great rates out of Harrisburg by doing a "FLEXIBLE" search on the US Airways website. I was seeing rates for $165 RT all taxes included. If I looked at the exact same flights by doing a SPECIFIC search plugging in exact dates, they were over $300. Its all how you play around on those websites. We ended up booking flights out of Philly for that $165 since the flight times fit our schedule a little better. But I'm sure you can get a good rate out of Harrisburg if you play around on the website. When you chose the "FLEXIBLE" option, you get to pick the price of your ticket first and then you check to see if that price is available for your days. Give it a try....I was amazed at how drastically this changed the price!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter