BWI or YC with 3.5 year old?

Sharka8

Mouseketeer
I know I've asked a million resort planning questions, but I've got one more. I've been all over the map with staying offsite, a value, a mod and a split stay with a value & deluxe. And now it looks like we are going to be able to go deluxe for the full week!! I've got it down to BWI and YC. (I really want to stay at AKL one day but since we are going during Food & Wine, I think Epcot area will be best!) So, with a 3.5 year old, which do you recommend? We are going in September so will be getting free dining. Getting at least a 5 day hopper, possibly a 6 since we'll be so close to Epcot. YC is a Garden or Woods view, BWI is standard. We will use the pool some but not tons. Will definitely use a playground. We've toyed with the idea of using childcare for a solo dinner but I'm not sure how our son will handle that. We will be going back to the room for our son to nap each afternoon. I've been to Disney World 15 or so times, my husband has been 3 times and this will be our son's first time. (He went to Disneyland at 1.5.) Any and all info/recommendations/suggestions are welcome!

I would vote YC as well.

The only minor caveat is that some of the renovated rooms have walk-in showers vs. tub-shower combos. I know my room was a King, so that may be the reason. But, something to point out.

And, I'll say, you won't really go wrong either way. It really comes down to theme preference!

Between those 2, I'd say YC due to the sandy bottom shallow pool. And it's not just a mini/kids pool, it's a regular pool with tons of sand everywhere (and on the bottom) to play. I'd say we spent more time at that pool than in the parks when our kids were under maybe age 7 or so. I remember there being a time when my kids wanted the bigger pool areas and I was so devastated (lol).

Thanks everyone! Luckily yesterday I decided to go ahead and book YC because today the free dining for the full week is gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter