BWV 1 bedroom rehabbed!

2 new entry way coat hook items. Vacuum and Swiffer for floors. Only some washer/dryers are being replaced. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So happy to see the shower tile replaced. Been looking shabby for years in every unit we've stayed in. Thank you for the pics!

Thanks for the awesome pictures! :thumbsup2 I'll miss the hallway carpet.

Did they remove the half wall in the shower and make it all glass? I loved that wall! not much room to put our shower gear. Guess I'll add a shower caddy to the packing list.

I'm really surprised they did all this work considering the last full rehab was 5 years ago. I thought this was just a partial rehab but they did a lot. And we've had the lowest dues increases.

Half wall is gone and I don't remember a caddy. I didn't think about that because we have no half wall in our BWV HA 1 bedroom. But all these photos were taken in a hurry. I was in the way of a poor housekeeper trying to clean room. The housekeeping supervisor was my guide.

I thought the same thing, DebbieB. I think this is actually more than the supposed full rehab. Watch out for dues next time.

Thanks for the awesome pictures! :thumbsup2 I'll miss the hallway carpet.

Did they remove the half wall in the shower and make it all glass? I loved that wall! not much room to put our shower gear. Guess I'll add a shower caddy to the packing list.
Good eye. That shower was already lacking in a place to put things, now without that wall, it's worse.

image.jpg New pullout. Different style that opens from bottom instead of flipping from top. Foam mattress. I was told the old ones were too heavy to open. I also know that people were constantly taking off the seat cushions on the old pullouts and they are meant to not be removed when opening the sofa bed. I worry about the light color of these sofa beds.
Sorry. For some reason the sofa bed photo does not want to load. Have tried multiple times.

Last edited:
thanks for taking the time to take & post the pix, Jean!!
there are so many nice changes/improvements with the rehab (light over table, backsplash, etc), but I can't seem to find a single mickey - or anything Disney related - in the photos. I really hope there are still some subtle reminders. (those little touches of whimsy really mean a lot to us - years later, & I still slide an imaginary stick along the painted-over pickets in the BWV hallways :teeth:).
hope you & your family are having a fantastic time!!

Thanks for the pictures. It looks fine although pretty generic - actually it reminds me a lot of VGF. Perhaps they had surplus from that build. ;) It bums me out that Disney is going that route. Have they lost their creativity? :( And I'll miss the teacup lamps.

Half wall is gone and I don't remember a caddy. I didn't think about that because we have no half wall in our BWV HA 1 bedroom. But all these photos were taken in a hurry. I was in the way of a poor housekeeper trying to clean room. The housekeeping supervisor was my guide.

NO!!! I loved those walls. And unless the water is super soft at Disney the glass is going to get streaky pretty fast. Thank goodness they didn't do that at VWL.

I too am pretty surprised they did this rehab with the last one not that long ago - which was one that I liked quite a bit. And I'm also surprised that they went thru creating the bed scarfs out of the old bedspreads last year and now have changed those all out again. The showers did need work - often our units had gaps between the tile and the shower pan which always made me cringe thinking of the probable water damage going on but that was usually caulking problems and not tile or grout.

Jean, thank you so much for taking the time to take these photos and then to post them here. I think it looks pretty nice. I agree with you about the hall carpet.

are the couches the same in the studio as the 1Bedroom? the color of that one looks different from the pics of the studio

Not sure about color. I was taking pictures mostly of 1 bedroom because I knew there was another thread of pictures of studio. For sure they are not the same size.

Nice!
I thought they are replacing all the beds with the higher ones (those ones you can store luggage underneath)?

Thank you so much for the pictures!! Exciting stuff!

Love the new shower and all the new tile work. Flooring looks great. Love, love, love the new artwork! Bedroom lamp is a bit blah and already missing the teacup lamp. I think I like the fixture over the table, can't wait to see it lit up. Did they upgrade the appliances?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter