BWV - Never thought of requesting balcony off living room

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
We had family join us for the first time a few weeks ago at BWV. We had one 2 bedroom and a studio and we were excited to have a boardwalk views for both rooms. Unfortunately, in the 2 bedroom there was no balcony off of the living room. Because we had a larger group this really took away from our enjoyment of the room.... we had planned on utilizing the balcony as an extension of the living room when we were all together and in the morning when others were sleeping.

I did ask for a room change immediately but nothing was available. I guess from now on that will have to be in my requests especially when we have extended family. We have had a 2 bedroom boardwalk view several times and have always had 3 balconies and it never occurred to me to ask. If it was just my immediate family it would not have been such a big disappointment.

Do other resorts have this same scenario with balconies?

I think the BLT living rooms have no balcony infront of the living room, but they do have a door from the living room to the Master's balcony.

We had family join us for the first time a few weeks ago at BWV. We had one 2 bedroom and a studio and we were excited to have a boardwalk views for both rooms. Unfortunately, in the 2 bedroom there was no balcony off of the living room. Because we had a larger group this really took away from our enjoyment of the room.... we had planned on utilizing the balcony as an extension of the living room when we were all together and in the morning when others were sleeping.

I did ask for a room change immediately but nothing was available. I guess from now on that will have to be in my requests especially when we have extended family. We have had a 2 bedroom boardwalk view several times and have always had 3 balconies and it never occurred to me to ask. If it was just my immediate family it would not have been such a big disappointment.

What was the room #? I had a 4th floor 1 bedroom once where there was a small balcony between the bedroom & living room that only opened up from the bedroom. It was above Big River, 4011 or 4013???

Another time I had the 1 bedroom that is actually Village Green, there was no balcony off the bedroom, just windows, small balcony off living room, 5051.

I believe 4013 was the room number. We also had a 1 bedroom once over the village green that had a tiny balcony for one off the living room and a giant balcony (could of held 10+ people) outside the bedroom.

I would have loved it if we could have all been on a balcony or at least seen each other from the balconies. We are balcony/view people! Oh well.... hopefully we will have better luck next time.

There are few of those throughout the resort. I had that boardwalk view one once, which I think is the fourth floor one mentioned above, and no others along the boardwalk lack a living room exit to a porch.

We were lucky then to get the only Boardwalk view like this ;) Any other trip I would have been fine with it. We were even able to get into our room early and they still would not let us change at 11:00 a.m. I told them we had a larger group, etc. An access door from the living room would have been nice.

Next time I will try to be more specific in my requests

4011 and 4017 are the only two Boardwalk View 1 Bedrooms that have the configuration described with no balcony access from the living room.

4013 and 4015 are the Studio Lock-offs for 4011 and 4017 respectively and as mentioned before there is a wall between the balconies isolating the balconies for these 1 bedrooms from those of their partner studios.

Ok I definitely don't want that! Aren't some of the BW view balconies deeper than others as we well?

Ok I definitely don't want that! Aren't some of the BW view balconies deeper than others as we well?

2011 has a huge balcony but it's a solid wall and is right above Big River (noisy). 3011 is large also, we looked down on it from our small balcony in 4011. I found there isn't much flexibility for boardwalk views. They are almost always 100% occupied and there are not alot of rooms. Plus all 2 bedrooms are lockoffs, which could leave a small number of possible rooms for studios & 1 bedrooms.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

Some are similar at other resorts too. We've had a BCV that did not have a balcony off the living room area and we've had a 2BR lockoff at VWL that did not have a balcony off the bedroom. And then other rooms that have the balconies off of every room.

Another time I had the 1 bedroom that is actually Village Green, there was no balcony off the bedroom, just windows, small balcony off living room, 5051.

Blech. This was another one we had. And we were staying for 8 nights so DH requested a change and they were able to move us the next day. Now that I'm aware that is the setup I'll at least be prepared and for a Boardwalk view it was a relatively quiet room so that was a plus. Having a single balcony was ok but it was sooooo small and not what I expected for that view.

2011 has a huge balcony but it's a solid wall and is right above Big River (noisy). 3011 is large also, we looked down on it from our small balcony in 4011. I found there isn't much flexibility for boardwalk views. They are almost always 100% occupied and there are not alot of rooms. Plus all 2 bedrooms are lockoffs, which could leave a small number of possible rooms for studios & 1 bedrooms.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

Yeah, I figure based on all of that, that there are really only 18 rooms that would fit my requests once you subtract out the 2 that have only one balcony, and the first floor which I really don't want. And that is assuming all 18 are actually available to be put into as a 2B and not being utilized as 1b or Studios.

It looks like the deeper balconies are 5th, 3rd and 2nd floor over Big River Grille and the DVC Preview Center or 2nd floor over Thimbles and Threads. Can't tell for sure, it's conjecture based on pictures.

Starting to wish I had booked pool/garden but I've updated my request and will keep my fingers crossed.

I guess first floor would be better than the one balcony 2B but I'm not sure.

5013 and 5015 are what I call the stockade rooms. They have high wooden walls on 3 sides. They have a very wide edge on the boardwalk side of the balcony. It's so wide that you can put a chair on it. And that's the only way to see the boardwalk. Or anything else for that matter. The balcony is so closed in that it gave me claustrophbia! They are the worst rooms I've ever had. These are at the Jellyrolls end but I believe because of the architecture of the building there have to be two more at the other end. I don't know those numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter