BWV Refurb Progress

Cait8383

Mouseketeer
Will be at the BWV in 3 weeks can't wait!! How much of the resort has been refurbished so far? Just wondering what our chances of getting a new room are. Thanks!

Same questions as you Cait8383. We are in the process of choosing a resort. Renting DVC points and trying to decide where to use. Points-wise BWV is a good deal. But I saw a few unfavorable reviews about the conditions of the rooms. But I've also been seeing it looks like they're in the process of a remodel, so that sounds hopeful. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows if the villas will be done by end of this year (planning a Jan '16 trip).

We stayed in a studio overlooking a tree by the community hall pool April 3-8( 3rd floor). It was in good condition but not redecorated yet.
Daisyx3

Same questions as you Cait8383. We are in the process of choosing a resort. Renting DVC points and trying to decide where to use. Points-wise BWV is a good deal. But I saw a few unfavorable reviews about the conditions of the rooms. But I've also been seeing it looks like they're in the process of a remodel, so that sounds hopeful. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows if the villas will be done by end of this year (planning a Jan '16 trip).
When I was at BWV a few weeks ago, I was told the refurb should be finished by the end of 2015. Now whether or not that happens is anybody's guess. But the pace of the work seemed to be picking up even during the week we were there, so I think the odds are good that the rooms will all be done by Jan. 2016.

We are at the BWV right now. Just arrived yesterday (4/19/2015). We were pleasantly surprised to be placed in a refurbished studio (Boardwalk View). We are in the Crest of the Wave section, room 3005 (third floor). As we made the last turn into this section yesterday, we noticed that the hallway carpet suddenly changed so we had hope. Sure enough, when we opened the door, it was a freshly refurbished room. :jumping1:

Here are some pictures:

...our view...

Great pictures and nice new room, but I agree with Bill, they seem to be losing the theme when they are refurbishing the rooms. And this isn't just with Boardwalk.

Wow...love the clean looks and the "beachy" colors. I am thinking that the previous furnishings were too much to keep clean and all that. That pop up table by the TV is interesting....I guess it folds down for additional sleeping space? I did love the former "Atlantic City" type theme....but seems like those furnishings were easily destroyed by careless guests. Hopefully these new furnishings will hold up better. And....gotta LOVE that view! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for the update and the pictures!

We will be checking into BWV on May 2 and this gives me hope that we could luck out and get a refurbished room.

It does look like the "theme" has disappeared but the room looks fresh, clean and "beachy". I like it. :)

:guilty::guilty:Sigh. I agree with Bill. I don't see why they couldn't refurbish it and keep the '30s Boardwalk theme. Now it looks like any hotel in the U.S., not like my "home away from home" anymore. :guilty:

Agreed that DVC is losing the theme of a lot of specific Villas. But on a good note they have really seemed to step up full renovations of multiple resorts. VWL,BWV and BCV all in the last year or so. That along with the newer Villas BLT,GFV,AKV and Poly seems like most villas in DW will be in good shape by the end of this year.

Wow those pictures are amazing! Thank you! 3rd Floor boardwalk view.. Curious what our chances are with a pool/garden view room. Seems like they are progressing nicely. We check in May 2nd!

Looks beautiful. I like the color scheme but loved the old age feel and will miss that nostalgia.

Wow...love the clean looks and the "beachy" colors. I am thinking that the previous furnishings were too much to keep clean and all that. That pop up table by the TV is interesting....I guess it folds down for additional sleeping space? I did love the former "Atlantic City" type theme....but seems like those furnishings were easily destroyed by careless guests. Hopefully these new furnishings will hold up better. And....gotta LOVE that view! Thanks for sharing.

Could not help but notice they still the flimsy coasters, IMHO they are part of the problem with the damage to the table tops.

We are booked at BWV in a studio for November. Never stayed in a studio before - first trip going just with DH. What size bed is in the studio?

Now I'm regretting not just staying at a value or a moderate. :( This will be my kids first visit and there is nothing whimsy about the refurb. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter