CA Hours of Operation Question

AndrewL

Earning My Ears
We are visiting the Disneyland Resort in early June. I just checked the official website and the Electrical Parade is not up during the week. What's the deal with this? I thought a full-blown summer schedule would be in play by then. Are CA schools still in session? Any chance the suits would check occupancy rates at area hotels and extend the CA hours and add the parade? Any cast members out there who have an idea here?

Andrew in St. Louis

One month and counting!

I'm no expert (never even been to DL yet!), but my experience in trip planning is that the Disney park calendar changes constantly!

When I was first looking in January for a trip in April there were lots of parades and shows, then in early March some disappeared, and then in April they reappeared! Another DIS poster called Disney and was told it was due to a computer glitch, but other DISers said this happens all the time, as Disney adjusts their schedule according to expected attendance.

I would keep checking the calendar through this month. Not sure how often they update it, but it's at least weekly.

Regular summer seasons does not start until June 30. Up until June 29 it is considered "value" season. Its possible that they may add more to the entertainment schedule, but I wouldnt count on it.

And yes, many schools around the country are still in session in June. A lot of CA districts are on a "track" system and go all year round. Here in WA we don't get out until June 23.

Hmn.... this is intresting.. lol. I have looked online and have seen that it is up at a lot of places.. and that the hours are until 12 even now in the so-called "value" season

Those longer hours are on weekends, when DL gets the vast majority of it's locals in. Weekends are always busy and merit the longer hours.

Right now it's open late due to spring breaks, though the hours are starting to be cut back. May through mid june is always off season, though usually if they have shows that have been dark in the off season they will still be on the weekends, like fireworks, Electric parade, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter