• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

I’d be careful with that anyway. They’ve been pretty clear that the dog thing could go away at any time. I’m assuming they’re trial ballooning it here. I wouldn’t be surprised if take your dogs to the FW cabins is dead by year five.
The wear and tear with dogs will be insane. I think that’s why the maintenance fees are rumored to be over $12.

Don’t know if this is already shared. But my guide emailed me and it says this at the bottom of the email:

Membership requires purchasing a deeded ownership interest at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort that will expire on January 31, 2075, and that typically ranges in price from $22,700 to $60,100 (subject to change).

No mention of trust.
IMG_8497.png

I just got back from 8 days at Fort Wilderness which was a mostly camping stay but we did tack one night in a cabin on at the end.

We went over to Wilderness Lodge to eat lunch at Geyser Point during our stay and while there I had this thought about how Fort Wilderness could eventually relate to Copper Creek (there at WL).

Hear me out.

The Fort Wilderness (current) cabins had to be dealt with NOW. They had reached the end of their useful life per IRS rules and had to be removed or replaced. Does Disney pay to replace and continue to book as hotel rooms and recover costs over another 27.5 years?

Or does Disney pass that space to DVC and let DVC put new cabins on and get their money out much faster? We know the answer to that question. They're doing DVC and it will take 18 months to fully convert all cabins.

The CFW are similar to the Copper Creek Villas IN THAT they are stand alone housing units - which if by themselves would also have high(er) dues but that is offset by the converted hotel room units in WL which have more efficiencies of cost (and would by themselves have low(er) dues that produces the current "blended" dues rate for rooms/villas at Copper Creek. And the villas are a small proportion of the overall housing offered at Copper Creek.

DVC started prep for Reflections at FW on the old River Country property and spent a LOT of money clearing the land and laying in utilities. I believe DVC will come back at some point (soon) and build a DVC property (or shared property like the Reflections plan) which will be in the same trust or association as the CFW. The new Reflections-like DVC will have the lower cost dues due to efficiencies and when blended with the CFW dues rate will reduce the overall dues cost of CFW units. And it would have available more amenities to use.

Do you think something like that could be possible?

The legacy cabins had to be dealt with NOW. A new successor to Reflections can come LATER when the market/economy dictates. Who knows what will be the next DVC planned (and there will be one planned of course) after Poly Tower and CFW are completed. Could the next planned DVC be built on the shoreline of Bay Lake on the already prepped River Country land?

TLDR version:

CFW similar to CCR villas (higher stand alone dues cost)
Future Reflections similar to CCR units converted from hotel rooms (lower stand alone dues cost)
If joined together in the same dues pool of expenses

Net result: lower blended dues on the CFW side due to the NOW/LATER angle.

Just a thought.

Bama Ed

This is the best theory I’ve heard so far. It’s about the only one where DVD doesn’t come out looking bad.

Forgive me if folks already know this, but my guide just confirmed that 100% of the DVC cabins will be pet friendly. That is great for me but may be a negative for others.

That’s it. The final straw. I’m selling all of my points and shifting my vacation destination to Universal. I’ll probably sell my Disney stock that I’ve had since 1981, as well as any Disney ephemera that might be around the house too. The AP and Magic Key are definitely NOT getting renewed. I may even go dig through my storage unit to see if there’s something lurking there I can burn in effigy. I’m also now realizing I may need to disown my sister who still works for the company.

No, I never had any plans to buy any FWC points, and really don’t care one way or the other about the place (although Hoop Dee Doo is far more entertaining than I’ll ever admit publicly), but it’s Thursday and it’s dumping down rain here in SoCal, and I need to be offended and righteously indignant about something.

Now where on earth did my pearls go?...

Last edited:
Forgive me if folks already know this, but my guide just confirmed that 100% of the DVC cabins will be pet friendly. That is great for me but may be a negative for others.
I'm surprised by this, thought that it would be a booking category, because people with severe allergies might have to be moved because of poor cleaning of the room. Thus causing a long chain of events.

That’s it. The final straw. I’m selling all of my points and shifting my vacation destination to Universal. I’ll probably sell my Disney stock that I’ve had since 1981, as well as any Disney ephemera that might be around the house too. The AP and Magic Key are definitely NOT getting renewed. I may even go dig through my storage unit to see if there’s something lurking there I can burn in effigy. I’m also now realizing I may need to disown my sister who still works for the company.

No, I never had any plans to buy any FWC points, and really don’t care one way or the other about the place (although Hoop Dee Doo is far more entertaining than I’ll ever admit publicly), but it’s Thursday and it’s dumping down rain here in SoCal, and I need to be offended and righteously indignant about something…

I ripped the head right off my stuffed Eeyore and put a bandaid over my Chapek tattoo in protest.

I'm surprised by this, thought that it would be a booking category, because people with severe allergies might have to be moved because of poor cleaning of the room. Thus causing a long chain of events.
I don't have pets, but can certainly understand those that do. Having said that, i'm not allergic to dogs, but i am severely allergic to Cats and i can't imagine cat lovers won't have the ability to bring their furry cuties too, which can be a bit of a challenge for some. I'll still book with my direct points and bring my allergy meds b/c that's how i role with DVC. lol

I don't have pets, but can certainly understand those that do. Having said that, i'm not allergic to dogs, but i am severely allergic to Cats and i can't imagine cat lovers won't have the ability to bring their furry cuties too, which can be a bit of a challenge for some. I'll still book with my direct points and bring my allergy meds b/c that's how i role with DVC. lol
I just hope that the DVC Guides make this very clear in the buying process, because this could ruin someones purchase.

I really doubt DVC would move anyone to another resort because of allergies after you check in. If they did and there happened to be availability at another DVC resort you would have to pay any differences in points.

I really doubt DVC would move anyone to another resort because of allergies after you check in. If they did and there happened to be availability at another DVC resort you would have to pay any differences in points.
And this is why it should be a booking category with units separated out, to avoid this because allergies vary by person.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter