Cable broke on our popup camper :(

sltrawick

Mouseketeer
I went out today to crank up our popup camper and found that the cable had broken. We have a 1995 Dutchmen 1204. This is the 2nd time it has broken. It broke the first time about 5 years ago. And not it's broken again.

Just wondering if this has happened to you and if so, how long did it take to fix it and approx. how much did it cost? I have to wait and call on Monday because they are closed on Saturdays.

Hey Sharon,
We had a broken cable in our Coleman about this time last year. The total cost to repair was about $180.00, they fixed it in one day. We took it to an RV dealer in Orlando. My DH tried to fix it himself, I know on PUT's many have fixed it, but it was too difficult and we wanted it done right. There was an article in PUT's magazine about this in the past year, if you save them.
Sherri

Well,
We got our camper back today. The cable wasn't broken after all. When we put it down last, apparently I went too far with the crank and it came completly undone. (Which is why I thought it was broken at the end there).
They fixed it and even gave me a 1 year warranty on the work. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter