Cake from Grand Floridian..how to get it to our resort?

BC

DIS Veteran
I know this may seem dumb, but I did a search and cannot find an answer. Also, I was not sure which board to post this on, so please excuse me if I am in the wrong place.

We want a Birthday/Anniv cake from the GF bakery, but are staying half of our visit at the AKL and the other at the BWI. We will not have transportation other than what Disney provides. Can we take the bus over and pick up our cake and take it back on the bus? I know, I know! You are all laughing, but just wondered if anyone else has done this?

We picked up 4 of the miniature cakes (like on the Disney Wedding TV special) and then just took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and then a bus to the Beach Club. The only problem we had was that everyone on the monorail and the bus wanted to share the cakes with us.

wdwcindy

::MickeyMo

I'm so clumsey that I'd surely drop a cake if I took the mono to a bus, waiting in line with all those people for both. If it were me I'd just plan to spend the extra dollars and take a taxi to pick the cake up and take it back to my resort.

Question though? I've heard such wonderful things about the Boardwalk Bakery. Why not just get your cake from them while you are staying at the BWI?

princess: Shelly

I would take a taxi..the bus is going to take a long time to go back and forth between the resorts. If the buses are full you could end up standing with the cake.

We have stayed at the BW Villas before and went to the Bakery several times. I got a small cake there and it was not anything extra that I could not have gotten from our local baker. I have read so many reviews about the GF that made me drool so I thought I would give them a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter