Cake Question

kissygoose

Earning My Ears
My FH and I are going on our Honeymoon in November and I have been toying with an idea but am not sure if it's stupid or how to go about setting it up. We will be arriving at the Poly rather late (11pm ish I think). I was thinking about arranging to have a small cake in our room for when we get there. Kind of a late night snack and celebration for our first night of our honeymoon and our first month anniversary as husband and wife. I thought this might also be a nice treat for him since this is his first trip flying and is absolutely terrified. The problem is I'm not sure who to go to to set this up. Should I contact the hotel, go through the Disney Club or is there a bakery I have to go through? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make this the most special time for my FH. Thanks.

I can tell you that I absolutely love the Gourmet Pantry down in Downtown Disney. Maybe you can contact them for more information, or just call the reservations number and ask them. I think it's a great idea! Good luck!

Hi! my FH and I are to be married at the end of Oct at Disney. The cakes at the GF are out of this world! Try calling there and ordering one-you won't be disappointed!!

Monica & Jay
10/29/02
Sunset Pointe

We can't wait!!! :wave:

I'm sure if you call Guest Services at the Poly or the Kona Cafe directly they would be glad to help you. And I can tell you the desserts they make in Kona's bakery are out of this world!

Thanks for all the wonderful selections. I'm still learning the disyney time line thing so does anyone know when in relationship to our Honeymoon I should call?

You cannot call too soon. We found that as hard as Disney works to put a happy face and pleasant voice behind everything they do, they still screw up just as much as many other vendors. You should call if only to express your needs and get some details right now. You can always do follow-ups and confirmations the closer you get, but the less time you give them, the less time there is to rectify an overlooked or dropped request.
-Andrew

How about a nice bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries? It would be romantic as well as tasty!

I remembered reading on here that you can have a mini version of your cake made for you by one of the bakery chefs at the grand floridian. you might want to check on here. I think the price was pretty reasonable as well.

I think that would be a wonderful

Lorena wrote

am doing this for our trip over Christmas. We were married at WDW on 8/24/01. As a surprise, I am taking John back to Disney for Christmas (12/19-12/25). Our 4 Month Anniversary is Christmas Eve, and so I am having a small replica of our wedding cake delivered to our room at the Polynesian Concierge. It is $45 + tax, and is 6" with the flavors (white cake with white chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting) and presentation of our wedding cake (Destination Castle CakeFor $320 + tax, you could have a 2-tier Wedding Cake with a small White Chocolate Cinderella's Castle. You need to contact the Grand Floridian Bakery to place the order. I don't have the number - I placed my request through my Wedding Coordinator at Disney - but I am sure if you call the Grand Floridian resort, they will give you the number for the bakery.

This is the information I was looking to give you. Hope this helps.

Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter