California Adventure Park

jamdonnut

Earning My Ears
Hi wondering if anyone can offer any advice we may be passing through on a trip from the UK and my son would love to visit cars land. Would a day be enough for him to see cars land and is there a combination that would allow us to both visit cars land and see the evening fireworks?

Hi wondering if anyone can offer any advice we may be passing through on a trip from the UK and my son would love to visit cars land. Would a day be enough for him to see cars land and is there a combination that would allow us to both visit cars land and see the evening fireworks?

Carsland is just one part of California Adventures park. 1 day is enough to see the whole park, and go on all the other rides too, in Avengers Campus and Pixar Pier. Carsland is basically 1 street, with the main ride Radiator Springs Racers at the end. Along the street are the other rides, Maters, and Lugis , restaurants Flos and Cozy Cone Motel and the merchandise shops. It is a cool area, especially at night but you wouldnt just go to California Adventures Park and spend the whole day at Carslands.

The fireworks are in the other park, Disneyland Main park. Depending on the day and time of year, the fireworks may not be on the night you are there. The fireworks are centered on The Castle, with projections and music. You can only see the projections and hear the music as well as seeing all the fireworks if you are in Disneyland main park. The best viewing area in the park is Main Street USA / The Hub in front of The Castle but they also play the music and show the projections on Its A Small World and in Rivers of America but you only see part of the fireworks and projections.

Outside the park, the higher fireworks can be see from the esplanade between Disneyland main park and California Adventures, many people sit on the ground in the centre,. They can also be seen from the roof of Mickey and Friends parking structure and from the roofs of onsite hotels along Harbour Boulevard.

Thanks so much, so essentially we could pay for a hopper to simply see the fireworks and they might not be on? Is there any way we can see a schedule to know whether they will be on or not?

Thanks so much, so essentially we could pay for a hopper to simply see the fireworks and they might not be on? Is there any way we can see a schedule to know whether they will be on or not?

At the moment, off season, Mickeys Magic Mix with Fireworks are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Mickeys Magic Mix with Projections only are on Monday to Thursday.

Disneyland Forever Fireworks start back on April 22, however there is no schedule at the moment.

Also, even if fireworks are scheduled on a particular night, there is no guarantee they will actually happen. Disneyland is in the middle of a town / city / urban area. Every night there is a fire marshal inspection, and weather check. I have seen Main Street and The Hub jammed packed with people and at 9.25pm there is an announcement that due to high winds, there will be no fireworks tonight.

If you are only spending the whole day in California Adventure park and only paying for a parkhopper for the specific reason of entering Disneyland main park around 8.30pm to get a spot for the fireworks, then I dont think its worth the money. A one day one park ticket is $104 for 1 adult, a one day park hopper ticket is $164 for 1 adult.

Thanks for your really helpful information think we will just go with the one day one park as like you say quite a lot of money to pay for the evening show that might not even happen. May try to see some of it from outside the park if it does go ahead! Thanks again

How do I book just one park as soon as I select my date it defaults to park hopper?

thats strange, I just did a dummy booking for 1 person for a random date in May and it didnt default to park hopper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter