California DVC Owners Group

We are back ... it was awesome. The Del might have been our "Plan C" (given Covid) for the special anniversary but it turned out to be "just right and then some." I feel like I might be glowing. :sunny:

Good news! The hold time to reach DVC MS for Concierge reservations was only 31 minutes! And yes, they had multiple offerings for my dates at the Hotel Del! Of the unit types we discussed, nightly points ranged from 70-112 points per night. Curiously, reservation requests cannot be immediately booked but, rather, take 3-5 days to "settle." So ... I put in a request for a Victorian King Ocean View (105 DVC points per night) as my #1 request and a Cabana King (112 points per night) as my backup. (Booking anything less would have failed to burn out my remaining 2019 points.)

This is looking super hopeful! And the DVC MS rep was super helpful! Yeah! This would be great reservation!!! (I'm still on hold as the rep finalizes my request ...)

EDITED TO ADD: Yippie! Received my confirmation for the Hotel Del, 1st choice in room type. So, start to finish on this was ~6 hours. Yay! Color me happy. This will be our 2nd time staying at the Hotel Del ... the first being 25 years ago on our wedding night before flying to WDW.

Am i really the only one of us up waiting to see if Touch of Disney tickets go on sale at midnight?😆

Still no tickets or announcement, site send to be overloaded at the top of each hour. I have to work today so my traveling companion will be checking during work hours.

I joined the queue this morning on my ipad before getting on the road to work. I was in the queue for a couple of hours, but my son had joined a few minutes before I had so he was able to secure tickets for Saturday 4/3!
We'll be there the same day! I just got my flights, now have to go move my Marriott certificates that have been waiting a year to be used ... I was really happy 4/3 was still available when I got my tickets since 3/27 was gone and those were our only potential options.
Good for you and your son!!

I wasn't even trying ... except to be rooting for you and taaren. :)
Thanks, the rooting helped! And being on that Taste of Disney thread. Three hours of waiting and got tickets from someone's link who had gotten in queue while I was driving to work. I passed my spot in the queue on when it got to half an hour. That was the most entertained I've been waiting in line since RoTR last February.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow! I’m shocked that none of my DVC neighbors have come on here to chat about the announcement that California theme parks can reopen in April. Now it just remains to be seen exactly when DLR will officially reopen and whether the replacement of the prior AP program will be ready by then. Either way, my family is ready!😀

Wow, just wow! I’m shocked that none of my DVC neighbors have come on here to chat about the announcement that California theme parks can reopen in April. Now it just remains to be seen exactly when DLR will officially reopen and whether the replacement of the prior AP program will be ready by then. Either way, my family is ready!😀
I saw it in the DLR Re-open Superthread ... but figured I'd wait until DLR posted their response or re-opening plan. Until then ... the state level news was "just noise." 15% occupancy? Hmm ...

Sadly we can't get excited as we're international VGC DVC owners and won't be allowed entry to DL 😔

I saw it in the DLR Re-open Superthread ... but figured I'd wait until DLR posted their response or re-opening plan. Until then ... the state level news was "just noise." 15% occupancy? Hmm ...

My theory is that they may wait until we get to the orange tier which may happen soon if we continue the current trajectory. That way, they don’t have to deal with the out-of-state guest issue, can open at 25% capacity and run indoor rides. Its all just speculation of course.

I'm excited but a bit bummed because we have DVC reservations booked at the end of May and we also have park tickets that we paid for pre-COVID. If the parks are open, there's a chance we might not be able to go because we aren't California residents. And I don't think I could stay at VGC knowing that the parks are open and we aren't eligible. I'm trying to decide if we should just switch to a WDW vacation at this point.

If you have points to cover, schedule both and monitor the progress of the covid levels.

They are dropping rapidly and if the uk variant doesn't cause a bump as some models are forecasting in conjunction of reopening in general, they may even revise further the theme parks criteria

My theory is that they may wait until we get to the orange tier which may happen soon if we continue the current trajectory. That way, they don’t have to deal with the out-of-state guest issue, can open at 25% capacity and run indoor rides. Its all just speculation of course.
Currently out of state guests are not even allowed in yellow (<1 in 100,000). It says when the travel advisory is lifted, so that could be tomorrow or in 5 years!

It drives me nuts because I live in AZ. I’m getting targeted AZ resident ads from Sea World in my Facebook. We also started getting San Diego commercials again practically begging us to come. It’s a very mixed message. San Diego wants us but CA doesn’t.

But I agree with you, they won’t open rigtt he away. I’m thinking they’ll set a May date after Touch of Disney and plan/hope it’s in orange by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter