Called in room request, fax too?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
We leave in a week for Animal Kingdom Lodge. I have already called in my room request for a partial savanna room.

Should I also fax a request or is that overkill?

I was also on Touring plans and saw a room I liked. Should I have them send a request? My fear with that is they are room specific and what if I have a chance with pixie dust to get a better room.

Or do I just hope for the best with my called in request?

I do know that it is just a request.

Honestly, this does sound like a bit of overkill to me. I feel like you're setting yourself up for disappointment, especially with the hopes that your view will be better than the category you've paid for or that you might even be upgraded to a better room category.

My advice right now would be to not complicate the system (your request should be on file because of the call) and maybe look into some of the other ways to enjoy the animal views from the resort? There are lots of great options, and I say that as someone who has stayed both savanna view and pool view (which means not even a little bit of a savanna view). It's a beautiful hotel with lots to do, even if your standard room has standard views.

It is widely reported that the resorts stopped even looking at the faxes years ago. They go directly to the circular file.
I agree with @marchingstar You are setting yourself up for disappointment. The AKL has many, many areas where the animals can be seen besides your room.

I will disagree with the other 2 posts. Since you have paid for TP, why not use their fax option as well, it never hurts to try or ask, as long as you know you may not get your request.

We used touring plans fax request last year and got exactly what we wanted. Polynesian, Fiji, marina view, third floor (back when it was standard). When we arrived the room wasn't ready and the CM told us that our room wasn't ready yet, if we didn't mind waiting we could get what we requested. We didn't mind!!!

Can't hurt to try! :)

K so I paid for preferred at carribean bc I wanted less along as taking two littles and two teens on my own..
what if anything should I request? Can I request the pull down bed or are they not avail in preferred

K so I paid for preferred at carribean bc I wanted less along as taking two littles and two teens on my own..
what if anything should I request?

Depends on what you like in a room. With the little ones, maybe request 1st floor to avoid stairs with little legs? We like to request a corner room as they have 2 windows and with the extra light it makes the room feel bigger.

Can I request the pull down bed or are they not avail in preferred

They are some preferred rooms that have the Murphy Bed. How old are the little ones? If you have 5 people in your party that are over the age of 3, you will be given a room with the Murphy Bed. If any of you party is under the age of 3 and want a room with a Murphy Bed, I would make that one of your requests.

I requested room 2222 through Touring Plans
I was given a room close, but not exact room.
Great:) This is exactly why I ignore the posts that say faxes do not work, don't bother sending etc. It takes a few minutes to do it and costs nothing, so why not do it. Yes, I know it does not guarantee anything and I am sure some room assigners probably ignore them, but again, it doesn't hurt to try and for us we have had very good luck when we fax.

I let touring plans fax mine in and received the room requested. ( On a different floor but it was same view )

It really all depends on availability though. If its available, you probably will get it. Alot of times though, these rooms are already occupied. I think you would have more luck with the touring plan fax than the actual phone call

I always call in my room requests a few weeks in advance and then fax the resort ~5 days before arrival. I've gotten the exact room that I requested on several occasions, or if it's not available, a room a few doors down. Not sure if it's the call or the fax that makes the difference, so I just keep doing both!

I’m traveling with the kids alone they will be ( 3 bdays before our trip ) 17,13,6 and 5
I assume we won’t see the big kids much :) will prob be leaving before they do I would assume :)
So if we automatically get a Murphy bed, and I’ve paid for a preferred room we should be good I would think

Depends on what you like in a room. With the little ones, maybe request 1st floor to avoid stairs with little legs? We like to request a corner room as they have 2 windows and with the extra light it makes the room feel bigger.

They are some preferred rooms that have the Murphy Bed. How old are the little ones? If you have 5 people in your party that are over the age of 3, you will be given a room with the Murphy Bed. If any of you party is under the age of 3 and want a room with a Murphy Bed, I would make that one of your requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter