Calling resort directly for room preferences

hoosiergirl

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
We will check in this Sat (10/27) at OKW and next Mon (10/29) at Vero Beach. Would you advise calling this week directly to the resorts for room preferences? I have them noted on my reservation but would like a slight modification on OKW. Has anyone else ever done this and has it been successful?

I faxed OKW on my 2 trips there. I just repeated my requests and then gave alternates if the original was not available. Both times I requested 23 to 26, 2nd floor. The first time we got 26, second time we got 28. 2nd floor both times. After I heard about some people getting handicapped rooms, I also said 1st floor would be OK if 2nd was not available, but we did not want/need handicapped. I've heard they like faxes better than calling and I think it's better to have everything down in writing so they can review it when they have time rather than taking notes from a phone call. Good Luck and have a great time!

Thanks, DebbieB! I didn't even think about faxing my requests!

Knock on wood :) - I've never had any problems with giving all my information to the CM at Member Services when I make my reservation - non-smoking, first floor, Turtle Pond area. Due to a knee condition I need a first floor room. The reservation says first floor for medical reasons. I stress that I do NOT want or need a handicapped room. I prefer to leave those rooms for those guests who need it. Also if you request something llllike Turtle Pond you have to remember that covers buildings 30-44 - not necessarily next to the pool or the bus stop. So, maybe I've been lucky, but we have always gotten what we asked for without having to call, fax, write or email other than the original call to Member Services.

I don't have any advice, but noticed your logon as Hoosiergirl. I'm a fellow Hoosier as well. Seems you're a Buckeye now though ;)

The more general you are in your requests, the better chance you have of getting them. Giving a range of buildings and 2nd floor is far better than specifying a building or room. We usually specify non-smoking in the Southpoint area. Usually get our request.

Hi TinkerbellRules! Yes, I'm a hoosier-at-heart but live in OH now. :( We moved in April 2000 but I grew up and lived all my life in FW. I'm not a Buckeye at heart--hence the name "hoosiergirl". :)

Once a Hoosier, always a Hoosier! I love the FW zoo! We used to visit quite often when we lived closer (near Marion).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter