Camera strap

scottie

BWV's= Our Second Home
I was considering getting a new strap to replace the Nikon OEM strap that came with my D40. I saw this strap- Lowepro Transporter Camera Strap- on Amazon and it peeked my interest. Any comments?

It doesn't look bad, but I think I prefer the OpTech. Either is a huge improvement over the original.

I am looking at the OpTech right now and I see two 3/8 w/ QDs and one has the pro loops and the other doesn't...How do the pro loops work? Pros/Cons? Thanks,

I have Op/Tech Pro Loop Straps on both my DSLRs. I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. :)

The advantage of the loop straps is that they more easily fall to the side when not in use and are probably a little easier to attach. The non-loop version has more height adjustment but the straps apparently are more likely to be in the way when you handhold the camera. I did a little research before buying the second strap and it sounds like those who has used both prefer the loop, that's why I bought the second one that way also.

I have Op/Tech Pro Loop Straps on both my DSLRs. I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. :)

The advantage of the loop straps is that they more easily fall to the side when not in use and are probably a little easier to attach. The non-loop version has more height adjustment but the straps apparently are more likely to be in the way when you handhold the camera. I did a little research before buying the second strap and it sounds like those who has used both prefer the loop, that's why I bought the second one that way also.

I just ordered the Op/Tech Pro loop Strap from amazon. I have a G7 and none of the straps available around here, are thin enough to thread thru the camera holders. I'm glad you posted this info. Now I feel better. I just did a week at WDW with the included camera strap and had to wrap a bandana around the strap at my neck! OUCH. I only took 1500 photos. Tossing some out now.<G>
Thanks

Received the new strap, appears I need some slip rings? Any suggestion on what size, kind or place to buy?

I found a mickey mouse camera strap on craigslist yesterday for $10. I decided to pick it up because I remembered seeing this same strap on one of my relative's cameras back in the late 80's/early 90's. When I met up with the guy to buy it, he said that he bought it over 15 years ago at MK. He never had the opportunity to open it up, so he just left it in the original bag. Here are some pics of the camera strap. I figure some of you may know if this is "vintage" or something. Regardless, I am pretty happy about this, and soon I will be sporting it on my XTi.

2554470136_0e8a5d0242_b.jpg

2554468794_4c99ed8d56.jpg

The price tag
2553646373_a0d531ffcb_b.jpg

2554467290_d4f16d3f83.jpg

I cant see the pic of yours must be filtered, but I have a red one on my 6006 and I have had it for at least 10 years and it was not new when I got it.

Ah! I found the pic on the atlanta craigslist LOL Mine is like that, the film strip design just red

Wow, so this thing must be a pretty old design. That is why I was so shocked to find it in the original packaging.

Why can't I find something that cool on Craigslist?

All I seem to come across are things like old Barcoloungers with cat hairs and ripped cushions, and half eaten Chinese food "two days old, but refrigerated".

:rotfl2:

I've wanted one of those straps ever since I saw them in WDW in the mid 80's. Congrats on a great find! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Every morning when I wake up I check the local craigslist photo/video postings because you never know what you are going to find. It is a routine for me: in the morning (craigslist photo/video, woot, disboards), at lunch (the same), after work (the same). I check at least three times a day and have been able to find a some good deals on CL.

Hey, my dad has one of those (maybe it's red... can't remember for sure)! I have camera strap envy.

My father has a vintage Epcot one that has the original symbols on it. I have the new Mickey one, but do not use it on my DSLR b/c it is not comfortable. I have it on our p&s bag.

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter