camping in april

mommykatt

Why did we move so far away from Disneyland?
Hi there! We are thinking of tent camping at FW in April, probably right after the spring break rush. What is the weather like at that time? How are the bugs (hubby & kidlette are terrified of critters!). Thaks for any advise you can give

Kathleen

We've been to FW in April before and really enjoyed it. The weather was perfect - not too hot and not too cool.

Disney sprays every few days for mosquitoes. The only thing that freaks me out is the Armadillos. More times than I can remember, I've almost stepped on one on my way to the comfort station late at night.

Have fun!

Armadillos!!! I've never seen one. YIPEEEEEE. One more reason to look forward to our trip.:) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :)

We have camped at FW for 17 years in March/April. I would easily say my kids grew up at FW. With that said, April is a transition month. I have been there when it was so hot the asphalt on the roads melted. I have also been there when the daily high temps were only in the 50's. It can also rain buckets. You will need to propare for all types of weather.

However for the most of our trips the weather was perfect. I think it is the perfect time of the year to go to WDW and FW. I still go every sping but now as a DVC member.

As for critters you have to remember that this is Florida and as campers you are encrouching in their domain. There are alot of critters in Florida but FW does an excellent job of keeping the two worlds separated. On one trip I found a 5 foot black snake curled up on our site when we arrived. He didn't like us very much and left on his own. I did call the front desk and they sent someone out. The best advise I can give in this regard is to stay out of the wild areas and on the trails and camping pads.

Good Luck and have a great time. FW is outstanding :)

snakes, armadillo's, my three young boys are going to have more fun at fw than they are in the parks, also just made reservations for april, can't wait. maybe well see ya there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter