Cam's New Lease on Life Journal (comments welcome!)

I am right there with you- I am wondering if the fact that my DD18 is leaving in 27 days for college that has me a mess and I don't realize it- oh and the new pup too.

We will get back on track- in the winter I always say it is easier in the summer- guess not?

Hang in there!

Linda

I have been doing so lousy, and of course, as a result, not posting. I am really working on being much better this week. All of these weekends away (looking at campuses last weekend and the next 2) and houseguests and parties have derailed my efforts, but am working on making better choices.

Today's food:
B: reduced sugar oatmeal; coffee
L: steamed veggies; LC chicken in peanut sauce

Cam, I am right there with you, I have had too many special occasions etc in July and I have not been doing well. Lets get back on track together, I know we can do it! Just hang in there and it will come back together. And don't be hard on yourself, you've had a lot going on lately not to mention your surgery and recovery. :hug:

I am right there with you, Cam. :hug: We've been eating fast food more often than I like to admit this week. :blush:

Like Amy said, please don't be too hard on yourself. :hug: You've had a lot going on plus you've had the surgery and recovery to deal with as well.

Hope you have a nice weekend! :hug: What college will you be visiting?

Thank you so much for your support, everyone. Well, I've gotten back to journaling my food, even if I just put it on the notepad in my phone. For me that is always the first step towards accountability.

Speaking of steps, my knee has been very swollen. I jammed it stepping down an uneven step yesterday and my entire leg swelled up from the knee down. So much so, that my PT almost flipped this morning when he saw the huge bruise on the outside of my leg from the brace. Most of the time that strap is loose, but my leg swelled so much yesterday that the brace left a huge bruise. It is ugly and weird. The good news is that I did 5 minutes on the bike at PT this morning, as well as all of my other exercises. I also stood on the bad leg for 4 reps of 15 seconds, which was very impressive to the PT team. So, moving right along. Hoping to get rid of the brace and/or crutches next Wednesday.

This weekend we are visiting University of SC, University of NC, and East Carolina State. Lots of walking in lots of heat. UGH! But we are all excited. I can't wait until we see a school that "feels" right for Andrew (though he was pretty stinkin' impressed last weekend with American University).

Thursday's food:
B: coffee
S: 1 fruit crisp; few almonds
L: chicken, corn & rotel
S: lite popcorn (mini bag); 100 calorie snack mix
D: eggbeaters w/mushrooms & onions & 1 sl FF cheese
snack: bagel thin w/chicken patty & 1 sl FF cheese; chips (I was starving, I think my body was trying to make up for missing breakfast)

I hear you on July being a tough month, Cam! Seems it always is!

Sad to hear about your leg swelling & bruised. Not fun at all! But Kudos to you for keeping going! You are such a great role model for perseverance!

Hope you have a better week and congrats for getting back to journaling!

I'm sorry to hear about your knee, Cam. :( I hope your leg is feeling better soon! :wizard:

Enjoy the college visits this weekend! :goodvibes

sorry to here about your knee again, but well done on getting the PT done :)
enjoy the visits :)

Cam, I am so sorry about your knee and the swelling, I hope its feeling better. Good job with the PT!

Can't wait to hear how all the college touring went.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter