Can a single guest be booked in 2 rooms?

abuck75

Mouseketeer
We have a 1 bedroom concierge room for our family of 4. My father-in-law would now like to join us on the cruise.

Is it possible to pay the ~$1,500 to add him to our room so he could also have the concierge benefits with the rest of the family, but have him book a regular stateroom as well.

It doesn't appear there are any concierge rooms still available, but I'd rather he board with us/etc.

We have a 1 bedroom concierge room for our family of 4. My father-in-law would now like to join us on the cruise.

Is it possible to pay the ~$1,500 to add him to our room so he could also have the concierge benefits with the rest of the family, but have him book a regular stateroom as well.

It doesn't appear there are any concierge rooms still available, but I'd rather he board with us/etc.
If it's mostly about boarding, I would just nicely explain the situation at check in and ask if he might be allowed to board with you. I know many don't agree, but it just seems like a non issue to me.

Having never sailed Concierge, I don't know what they will do for you / him.

I am Platinum and therefore the "next" group after concierge, and we have had my mom board with us at that point. They don't / can't count how many people are in your group, so it's not a problem. So maybe you could just wait for the beginning of boarding with us commoners and have him board with you at that time.

I've always heard that the same guest cannot be listed on two different staterooms.

Thank you. I suspect that is the case, but hoped for a different answer. Obviously we could have him join us in our room for a great deal giving him the benefits, but I do fear it would be a bit tight.

If it's mostly about boarding, I would just nicely explain the situation at check in and ask if he might be allowed to board with you. I know many don't agree, but it just seems like a non issue to me.

They may allow him to board with you but not allow the "etc." if he's not in a Concierge room. And, no, he wouldn't be allowed to be booked into two rooms for a number of reasons. He wouldn't be allowed in the concierge lounge, in the concierge sun deck, or get any of the other benefits.

When are you sailing? Is it possible to book him into a standard room and then just keep checking for a concierge cancellation or availability?

I'm not sure that's do-able (him being on two separate reservations).

I'll also point out that, besides the additional cost to have him "in" the Concierge room, he's going to be paying for two people in the room he's a single in.

As for the "boarding with you". It can happen. It's up to the CM manning the door at boarding. Sometimes they will allow one or two "extra" people. Other times, not. You can also just wait to board when his boarding number is called, if you want to board together.

Last edited:

They may allow him to board with you but not allow the "etc." if he's not in a Concierge room. And, no, he wouldn't be allowed to be booked into two rooms for a number of reasons. He wouldn't be allowed in the concierge lounge, in the concierge sun deck, or get any of the other benefits.

When are you sailing? Is it possible to book him into a standard room and then just keep checking for a concierge cancellation or availability?

Thanks, that is what I assumed.

In reality, I think ~$1,500 would have been worth it to him to get the concierge benefits, but the ~$8k more as an individual to book in one of those rooms if it opens up would not be. I'm sure we'll still have a great time and get to do almost everything together. It takes a lot of pre-meal Manhattans to make up for the difference in cost for that perk.

I believe you can call to connect the reservations, I did that once with my sister's family, that way we boarded together and were seated in a table together. You can try that.

I believe you can call to connect the reservations, I did that once with my sister's family, that way we boarded together and were seated in a table together. You can try that.
Yes, you can do that with any two (or more) reservations. But, OP was trying to get Concierge perks for her father-in-law while having him booked in a non-concierge room by adding him to their Concierge room (father-in-law's name on two different reservations).

That would work with two non-concierge reservations, but linking a non-concierge reservation to a concierge reservation will not get concierge perks for the non-concierge room.

I would just have him go in his own room and ask concierge if he can board with you all. He won't get the benefits of the lounge but he will get to eat with you guys if you ask. I would just maybe agree to cocktail hour on your verandah if you are concerned with being with him during cocktail hour. If you do a formal in-stateroom meal then I am not sure he would be allowed to stay for that.

Im pretty sure you can't be listed as being in two rooms because in the case of an abandon ship situation, one person can't be in two lifeboats. How much time would be wasted looking for a person who was already in the lifeboat for his other room?...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter