Can anyone think of any advantages having a december UY?

Since we have to travel mostly during School Vacations ~ Spring Break, Easter, Summer time; having a December UY helps out if, I have to cancel.

Plus all those points coming just before Christmas Break!LOL

janet

I have a December use year at BWV. And quite honestly, I never saw a December use year being an advantage or a disadvantage. :confused3

I have a December use year too, and since we both work in schools, we have always had to take "school" vacations. Our use year has always been great, and worked well for us. I don't know if it has any advantages over other years, but I certainly have never had any disadvantages with a Dec use year.

Use yer only matters if you regularly travel towards the end of the use year and have to cancel the trip after your banking deadlines have passed. (If you don't have to cancel, then use year really doesn't matter at all).

For example, if you have to cancel an October or November trip and have a December use year, you would have to use the points before the end of November to avoid losing them. If you were able to cancel the trip before the end of September, youcould bank up to 25% of your annual allotment.

Anyway - for those who think they may have to cancel a trip, December use years work well for those who regularly travel in December through June. (As long as you cancel your trip more than 31 days in advance, you can bank up to 100% of your annual allotment if you do it by the end of May.

If you don't have a regualr travel pattern, use year probably doesn't matter. Many families' vacation patterns change over the course of their membership, so what starts out as a "perfect" use year could very well end up as a "horrible" use year or vice versa.

Keep in mind that reservations/points can be rented or gifted if circumstances prevent using them as originally planned.

Best wishes -

The way I look at it, having a December UY is far superior to having no UY!
:goodvibes

I now know not to book a prethanksgiving trip with this use year since it will limit my future options. I never went on a DVC tour. I just go to Disney once/year at a deluxe resort. I did not know this DVC existed untl I saw someone renting a vacation on EBAY.

I thought that was a great price but still had to google this Disney Vacation Club offer to see if it was legit. That brought me to these boards. I guess I did this backwards but I don't think owning a timeshare at WDW could be too bad a mistake. :pug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter