Can CM's use their discount to buy passes for friends?

Mom+4

<font color=teal>Saved from the loony bin by the T
I have a friend who is a CM at the local Disney store, and am considering asking her to buy my park hoppers which I will need next month. I don't want her to get in trouble if this is not acceptable, nor do I want her to feel uncomfortable telling me that she can't do it. So, I though I'd ask the experts here. Is it an approved practice for a CM to use her discount to buy passes for friends who are not related? Thanks for any info.

from what i know....

a CM can't (or shouldn't) buy passes for someone else. They can get guests into parks for free (or at great discounts) but that is only on a daily basis and the CM is supposed to be going into the park with you.

I am not a CM, and hopefully you can get one of them to give you an answer with a bit more certainty to it.

- lori

I have a friend who has a brother and sister who are CM's. They were able to get us a 50% discount on our resort. They also purchsed a lot of souvineers for us (as gifts, shall we say) for 40% off. They could have gotten us into the park but I felt that:
1. that was imposing too much on them
2. they couldn't do it everyday because of thier schedules so we just got AP's instead
They could not get discounts on tickets. I would guess, if they could, that would cause a black market of WDW tickets.

Yes, CM's are allowed to purchase passes (so many per year) for their friends and family. The discount isn't what is used to be, however. The last time I purchased them the discount was about the same as with Disney Club (that was about a year ago).

One of the CM's at our local DS got me discounted tickets last December.Apparently they are able to purchase 16 of these tickets a year so when I went in to buy my passes she offered to get the discounted ones.I had to give her a money order for the amount then she sent it to a Disney office somewhere and about 5 days later she called and told me they were in( we paid for express mail)I really appreciated her doing this.With our dollar never worth a whole lot every little bit counts.

I don't know about if they can purchase them for others. But just a little FYI I was told they get a 15% discount on park hoppers from my local TDS manager a couple of months ago. I thought they would have gotten more off. It's the same discount I got from Fedex.

:bounce: :bounce: 2 more days:bounce: :bounce:

oops I hate giving bad info. I shall clarify: My friends said that there discount was very close to the DC discount...I should have checked my notes before answering, sorry

We are able to purchase 20 of our cm-rate tickets per year (they keep track too). The discount varies. OUR price doesn't seem to go up with each increase, but it does go up a little every couple years. it is slightly better than the DC discount. Our AP discount is a good bit less than a DC AP price. They used to let you buy unlimited amounts but i guess some were taking advantage of it (back when the discount was good) so they now limit to 20. They are ordered via the computer at the cm's store, personal check sent in and then are delivered to the store.
They DO say CM on the back but there is no problem with a non-cm using them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter