Can I get my vacation any cheaper?

Kimberlyfamilyfv

DIS Veteran
This is my vacation as it stands now. May 23-30

Airfare -- Southwest 3 tickets 410.10 total

Royal pacific --- 4 nights 560.85 total
Parking 4 days 24.00 total

Amerisuites --- 3 nights 165.00 total

Annual Passes 3 passes 297.00 plus tax (99.00 each)

Budget Car Rental 7 days 126.13 total

That seems very good. I think that food is a very big variable on a vacation like this. What are your plans for that? We brought and bought breakfast items and ate every morning in the room. Besides saving $ it was good because while some were getting ready others could eat. We then brought snacks into the park to munch on when we got hungry since we hadn't eaten big breakfasts (we're not big breakfast people, anyway, so that wasn't a problem). We also have sandwich stuff in the room and will sometimes eat a sandwich for dinner. Not because we really want to, but more because we are exhausted or we want something quick before returning to the parks for the evening. I have 2 teenagers, a 10yo who is starting to eat like a teen, and a picky 4yo, so this works well and saves lots of $.

We will eat out a time or two a day in either counter or full-serve restaurants, so do spend plenty, but not nearly as much as we otherwise would.

T&B

food allowance

I bought some of those clear channel certificates four in all. That gives me four meals if we choose to use them all. We always eat breakfast in our rooms. For three of the nights we are staying at the amerisuites they offer free continental breakfast. So there is three out of four.

And then there is the necessary grocery store stop. I try not to go over board with the food purchasing though. The usual oatmeal, bread , ham, chips, skittles , licorice, pretzels, pop ( 2 liters) milk, orange juice, cereal. I try to stick to my list and not go off it.

In addition, we always carry fanpacks. I put snacks both salty and sweet. In my opinion keeping both in your fannypack helps to curb those cravings when the food smells get to you.

I have found that licorice, skittles, pretzels, suckers along with a capri sun work great.

Last vacation there was just me and my middle son. We managed to spend only twenty dollars a day for meals.We ate breakfast and one other meal in our room. Then during the day we would have one hot meal. My son and I are light eaters so generally we would get a meal split the food order and order an extra sideorder and then ask for the drink with no ice, then ask for a cup of ice, then sharing the drink between the two of us. My son would get two treats during the day and I got my daily bag of grapes for my snack.

This is how we did it last year. but this year might be a different story as this year I have both of my son's with me. And my youngest oh goodness boy can he eat.

Ok, is there a grocery store very close? I had won 3 trips and one is to Universal Studios at the RPH. It is end of June. The trip includes airfare, transportation to and from hotel, with tickets for both parks for 3 days for the 4 of us. So, without a car, we are stuck inside park and don't want to spend much on food. How much is a microwave, fridge each day and is there a store nearby within walking or cheap fare cab distance?

are you getting a rental car? or are you going thru a driving service to get you to and from the hotel? If you are going thru a driving service ask them if they will provide you with a grocery stop on the way to the hotel.

Post your plans for transportation and I am sure there are many people that can give suggestions on where to get groceries.

Transportation is provided so I wasn't thinking to rent a car. We are staying an extra night but off site, at Sleep Inn Suites (a suite w/fridge & micro for $64.00 which includes 4 citywalk passes w/out movie) and was going to take cab to that hotel. They provide shuttle to and from Universal. I won Four 3 day 2 park tickets along with everything else. We are extremely cheap people! I travel a lot but try to go as cheap as possible. If I can get by without renting a car, I will try. If not, I will get a rental car. That was why I am asking about grocery stores that are very close.
Thanks!!

Sounds like you got a deal! You should be very happy! Now.... to have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter