Can I Park at MK for Character Breakfast?

cj2000

Earning My Ears
I will be visiting DW in June. I have PS for a 7:45 am character breakfast at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort. I am staying off-site so I will be driving. Can I park at Magic Kingdom (since this is where I plan on spending the day) and take the monorail to the resort and then back to Magic Kingdom? Also, how do I find driving directions to get to the Contemporary Resort?

The parking for the MK is a humongous parking lot about 1 1/2 mile away from the MK. Once you've parked you take a tram to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) where you get your ticket (if needed) and then you can catch a monorail to the Contemporary.

Unfortunately it will be the 'long' way around. The 'Resort' line runs from the TTC to the Poly, then the GF, then the MK, then the Cont.

After you finish your breakfast you can walk to the MK from the Cont (less than a 10 minute walk).

Or you could just park at the Cont, walk to the MK, then walk back to the Cont and drive away. Disney doesn't like people to do this though (fills up the Cont parking lot with people's cars that aren't staying at the Cont).

Have Fun!
-bruce

I stayed at the Contemporary in December and couldn't find spots because people were parking there and walking to MK.

Very annoying.:(

If you have breakfast at the Contemporary, you can not park your car there all day while you go to MK. They have had terrible parking problems for the guests because of people doing this, so they have started issuing 3 hour parking passes if you're not a guest of that resort. You're best bet would be to park at the TTC and take the Resort Monorail over to the Contemporary. After breakfast, it's just a short walk to the MK.

As for driving directions, once you're inside WDW, just follow the signs to the Magic Kingdom. Everything is very well marked. Your off-site resort should have maps and directions to get you to WDW.

But can't you hop on the monorail AFTER you eat breakfast instead of walking to MK? We plan to ride Disney resort bus or drive to MK then monorail to Chef Mickeys. We were hoping to Monorail it to MK afterward. What is with the walking bit?:confused:

You've scheduled yourself kinda tight there. I'm not even sure about the opening time for the MK parking lot. Anybody know? Your original plan sounds good, park at MK lot, take the tram to monorail and monorail over to CR. But it is going to take awhile to do that. I would probably suggest you arrive at the gates to MK parking lot at LEAST by 7:00am to make a 7:45 PS.

Your better bet might be to drive to CR, get the three hour pass and drive to the MK after the breakfast. Of course, if you could bump your PS back a little, maybe to 8:45 or so, you might have better luck getting into the MK parking lot.

We got into the parking lot for an 8am ps at Cindy's. Must have got there by 7:30 on a non ee day. No problems!

Wonderlandmom, you can take the monorail to the MK after breakfast at the Contemporary. I just usually recommend walking because it's a short walk and much faster. If you get on the monorail at the Contemporary, you'll make stops at the TTC, Poly, and Grand Floridian before getting to the MK. If you walk, it's a 10 minute walk maximum if you walk at a leisurely pace. The way we walk, I can make it in 5. There's a nice sidewalk and everything to the MK entrance.

But you can park at the Contemporary for a certain amount of time right? Like for a character meal? I don't have MK planned for the day we are eating at Chef Mickey's.

For those eating at the Contemporary a 3-hour parking pass is issued. After that time passes, you could be subject to being towed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter