Can I pay one membership with automatic monthly payments and others in full with cc?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We have 3 memberships. In the past, I've paid annual dues in full online with credit cards. This year I wanted to sign up our largest membership for automatic monthly payments from our checking acct. I had intended to pay the annual dues for the 2 smaller memberships in full with a credit card. However, once I signed up for the monthly payments for the larger membership, I couldn't find any way to pay the other 2 memberships with a credit card. The screen is telling me that I need to have all contracts signed up for automatic monthly payments.

I've read that there is a glitch right now preventing credit card payments. Tried calling MS acctg, but got the message that they were busy and then it hung up on me. Has anyone with multiple memberships had automatic monthly payments on one membership, and then paid the others off with a credit card? I was wondering if that would even be possible. Since all 3 memberships are billed separately, I would assume that they would be handled individually, but you know about that word assume.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you much.

I have two memberships; one is set for automatic monthly dues payments and the other is not. I pay the second one by multiple methods, including credit card, gift card, and Disney rewards card.

I'm not aware of the problem with credit card payments right now; the last credit card payment I made (on the non-automatic dues contract) was on December 31 2023. And since dues are now paid in full for that contract I won't be paying against it again any time soon.

Thank you for letting me know that you were able to have automatic monthly payments on one membership and pay differently on the other. Right now there isn't a payment "button" showing up on the annual dues screen. I'm hoping that will return once they figure out the problem. I'm also hoping to be able to speak with someone in MS tomorrow about this issue.
Thanks again!

I was thinking of doing this in the future. I would just
1. Pay off desired contracts with credit card.
2. Sign all up for monthly.
3. The contracts that have already been paid off via credit card will be ʻignoredʻ.

This is just my logic, not tested.

Just now I was able to apply a payment against one of my contracts and it was successful. However, it was a partial payment against my auto-pay contract, and I used my Disney Rewards Redemption Card, not a credit card. But the steps are the same as if I was paying against a non auto-pay contract. Here are the steps I followed:

From the dues page:
  • Select Pay Balance.
  • Under Select Amount to Pay: select Pay by Contract.
  • Select the option under each contract you want to pay - either Pay Balance or Apply Other Amount.
  • Fill out the amount you want to pay for each contract (if not paying the entire balance).
  • Under Payment Method select an existing method if on file or select New Card.
  • For New Card: select payment method and enter details of the card.
  • Select Apply.
  • Check your screen to make sure your payment is applied as desired, then click Submit Payment.

I have 2 contracts I pay dues in full via credit card and then the other 6 are on monthly payments. And that is over 2 membership IDs. One contract in each membership is paid in full with the others on monthly payments. I did have to go in contract by contract to set each one up. There is an option to pay by contract so you should be able to go in and pay the ones you want to pay in full.

Evidently, the "pay button" was off for a while. I was able to make cc payments online, but I needed to talk with someone in MS today who took my first month payment on each contract that I wanted to put on automatic monthly payments. Once they did that, I was able to finish setting up everything.

Pardon my inability to comprehend.....we can set up automatic credit card dues payments? Requires call to ms accounting? Ty. This is embarrassing.

Pardon my inability to comprehend.....we can set up automatic credit card dues payments? Requires call to ms accounting? Ty. This is embarrassing.

Not for monthly. But there is a way to set it up so every January it will automatically bill your CC the full amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter