• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I Reserve One Park But Visit Another?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
I am thinking about stopping in at Magic Kingdom after work later this week just for fireworks. I see that there are no reservations available for MK but other parks are available. Since you can park hop after 2 am I required to scan in at my original park?

To visit a park, the first park you visit, you must have a reservation for.

In your case you must have a park reservation for MK or, if you have a ticket with park hopper you can visit the park you have a reservation for first then hop to MK.

Thus is the requirements regardless if it is before or after 2PM.

You must tap into the park for which you have a reservation before you can hop to another park, no matter what time you are planning to arrive to the parks. So if your reservation is at Epcot, but you want to go to MK at 8 pm, you must first go to Epcot and tap in there before you will be able to tap in at MK.

As others have said, you MUST tap into the park that you have a park pass for, then you can Park Hop after 2 pm.
Haven't seen if they have turned people away, but they claim, if you don't tap into the park with your park pass, you can't park hop.
Reports are mixed
Some have pled ignorance and CM/GS took pity and overrode the requirements to enter the reserved park first
Others have not had that luck
Seeing how one can’t know before you arrive what your success will be it seems risky to skip scanning in to the reserved park first. Just do it. Don’t waste time just to try skipping that step. You’ll spend more time going back and forth than you would if you just follow the rules

When you scan your ticket it won’t work as I saw it happen to people in front of us at Epcot on Monday night. I’m not sure if they were eventually allowed in as we finished scanning at an alternate tap point but I know they had to have one of those plaid supervisors come over when they said they had park reservations elsewhere that day but had decided to just go to the pool before heading to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter