"Can I still call it baby weight when she's IS 4?" - comments welcome

Hey Amy. I'm so sorry you've had some rough days in there. :hug: I do think though, that in a couple years, when you're not dealing with constant strep...you'll be glad you had the surgery. You're really doing great though. Hanging in there and rolling with the punches.

Sorry I've been out of a touch a bit...I'm super crazy busy with these darn holidays.

I MUST JOURNAL TO BE SUCCESSFUL!! There I said it. Maybe now that it is in writing I can do it.

I will also be doing Wii Fit. Man is that a lot of work. I find the balancing to be great for my abs.

I find that I hold myself more accountable and that I'm more cautious about how much food is on my plate when I realize that I have to write it down later. :)

I've said it before..I LOVE my Wii Fit. Love it love it LOVE IT!:love:

My DH is supposed to clear out some space in his home office (namely get rid of the OMGHUGE executive desk that he doesn't need anyway) so that I can put an exercise bike a friend of mine has donated to me in here. He doesn't want it in the living room, even though there is room. Oh well..it's in the garage and as soon as he makes room for it in here, I'm dragging it inside. :)

Hi Amy,
Sorry it's been a while since I stopped by - things were a little crazy for a while there! I just got back from Marathon weekend and thought of you as I jumped right back into journaling (I had left my computer at home for the trip).

I can not believe it was -64 at your house! That is colder than I have ever, ever been. Or ever hope to be, for that matter.

Your new goals look great - what a good idea to break it down like that!

Take care and stay warm!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

think that is the problem with the BL, they are so strict and you cannot live your life like that, you have to have some freedom, but you also have to know when enough is enough and get back on that "wagon" (as Oprah would call it).
I totally agree.:thumbsup2 I mean, who has the time to go to the gym and work out for six to eight hours a day the way they do on the show?:confused3 Certainely not me, or I'd be as skinny as Jillian. I think once they get home from the ranch, they realize it's going to be a LOT harder than they'd anticipated (finding time to work out, being able to afford healthy food, etc) and it's just easier to go back to the old way of life. I didn't really start watching BL until this last season. There were some I could see would really make the changes they needed to make but one in particular (Icky Vicky) I can see gaining all her weight back and then some because she was just there to play the game not lose weight.

Amy,
That Valerie commercial IS great. I want to be there next New Year's as well, not thinking about losing weight. We can make this happen, one day, one week, one pound at a time!

I did write a little something about my experience at the half marathon on my journal - it was a fantastic weekend for me. My time is going to be no problem to improve on - I really did not push myself, pacewise but instead just went at a "happy pace." I had such a great time, I'm already registered to go back again next year!

What do you think of the new Weight Watcher's Momentum plan? I was actually so shocked that they changed it, it kind of threw me off for a few days. I guess it's not really THAT different.

I agree with all you've said about the BL. It's not a realistic way for most people to lose. The leader at my meeting (a few years ago) always said that losing is the easy part - keeping it off is the hard part! I do think that's right about getting back on the wagon. Unfortunately for the BL contestants, the "wagon" is strict food management and 8 hours of working out a day. It would be very hard to go back to that, especially on your own. It seems to me that the "wagon" needs to be a somewhat appealing thing to get back onto or stay on in the first place. Otherwise, the old habits will creep back in slowly and take over again. And that's what I think. :)

Oh, and way to BLAST through all your holiday weight like that! Way to get back on the wagon.

Being stuck is never fun - however, it is better than a gain, so keep on hanging in there. You are doing GREAT!

I think it's good you're keeping your trip to WDW - it would take a lot longer to walk to Hawaii! :) You'll get back there when the time is right. I have been thinking a lot about Hawaii as well lately. It is definitely on our list here as well. Which reminds me - what made you decide on the marathon in Hawaii? That's a long way to travel for a race. Not that I don't understand, I do. :)

Have you looked at the Biggest Loser challenge here on the DIS? It's not too late to join and it's been definitely fun and helpful to me this past week.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Amy!
It's been too long! I've gotten so busy with my show, I've neglected the Journals a little bit. How are you doing? How's the WW? How's the winter coming along for you? Are you feeling all recovered yet?

I hope you have a great weekend and a happy Valentine's Day!

Hi Amy,
Just stopping in to say "hi" and I miss hearing from you! Hope everything is OK.

Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter