can i take liquor?

Hi there! Can't wait! We are me (36), DH (40), DD (6.5), DS (5). Who is in your group?

Myself (32), DH (34), DS (9) and DS (14). We're traveling with 9 other families (10 cabins in all). When we cruised for the very first time in Feb 2002, we thought it was a once in a lifetime vacation. Low and behold, we were hooked! The next thing I want to plan is a graduation cruise for my DS14, which will be in 2006 (unless I can manage to squeeze another one in before then!). I hate to wish the summer away, but I can't wait for November!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We even took our blender!!:rolleyes: My DH and I packed a bottle of mudslide mix. We also took a small bottle of vodka , and ordered orange juice through room service for screw drivers. We also had a DIS meet in WDWGOOSE's room...everyone brought a bottle of there favorite local (to their homes) wine.

It's so funny...we ended up bringing most of the liquor back with us....we're not big drinkers, but figured we would drink more on the cruise.:rolleyes:

If memories serves me...someone please correct if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're supposed to bring opened bottles back through customs. No one even questioned us, though.

Hi....I am onboard the Magic right now and we are in Cozumel. I just bought 1 bottle of Kahlua ($8.00), one bottle of Parrot Bay Rum ($8.00 and came with a free mug) and one bottle of regular rum ($7.00 and came with a free hat). This was at the duty free shop right at the end of the pier. Very convenient to the ship.

Disney lets you bring whatever you want on. When we boarded in Port Canaveral I had two bottles of wine with me and they knew about it, but it didn't matter.

Disney is the only cruiseline that I know that lets you carry on and consume you own liquor onboard. The only time this is not allowed is if you buy your bottled liquor onboard at the store. They will hold for you until the end of the cruise. But if you buy any liquor off the ship, you can definately bring it on with you. Our room cooler chilled the wine perfectly overnight.

MJ

I remember the good old days of flying on canada 3000 , the stewards would sell you duty free liqour right on the plane. I used to bye a bottle of crown royal and gin to go. I think losing canada 3000 and royal airlines was a "made in montreal conspearacy".

We too used the DCL bus from the airport, so stopping off was not going to happen. We packed wine and some liquor (tequila to go in the lemonade from the beverage station) We ended up not even drinking all that we brought.
With 20/20 hindesight ... I would have brought a little less, and just restocked at the first port, if it looked like we needed more. Much cheaper to buy liquor in port than at home anyway, plus you won't be worrying about breakage during travel. I taped the caps, padded the bottles, double bagged them and packed them in with the snorkeling gear in checked luggage. We brought just a few sodas in a carryon, and had a DIS friend with a rental car pick up 2 6-packs for us.

Since the room's cooler gets the temp most of the way there, you only need a small 'day' cooler. We used a small, shoulder strapped cooler with a solid liner as carryon, just packed with the typical stuff you need on the plane, then used it for the days worth of drinks in the room. It was GREAT to use for packing a 'room service' lunch in, for our picnic on St. Thomas' Coki beach, too. Hang on to a few water bottles to refill on board for taking into ports, as well.
Have fun!

Originally posted by Padre Disney
Is there a secret on how to get your drink and cooler on board

I just bought a soft-sided cooler that folds down pretty small. I am going to pack the cooler and an extra piece of soft-sided luggage in my bags.

We will make a beer/diet coke stop on our way to the port, and put the beverage cases inside the extra piece of soft-sided luggage. We'll tag it and check it with the rest of our luggage at the port.

It sounds like that should work based on what I've read on these boards. If I am wrong, someone please tell me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter