Can I use multiple tickets in one day

ArtieRyder

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip in April. We're not park hopper people, we're definitely more 1 park 1 day.

The thing is, we're staying at Boardwalk Villas and the close proximity to both epcot and HS makes me rethink it.

We'd probably only park hop 1 day, though. So my question is, can I buy an 8 day park ticket and use 1 day's ticket to go to HS in the morning, and another days ticket to go to Epcot at night?

I feel like I know the answer, just thought I would pass it by everyone.

I think this question has been asked on these boards 73,650 times,most asked question ever. When you buy an 8 day ticket you're buying days not entries so you need a hopper option.
Being as they have hardly any posts, maybe just maybe they haven’t read it 73,650 times like you have. In fact, maybe there’s someone brand new checking out these boards right now and they just got their question answered...some people don’t have the time to scour endless threads. Just a thought.

Last edited:

This has maybe been suggested 73,000+ times, too, but I'm thinking that if you did it for your last day of the 8 day ticket, there should be a way to upgrade to park hopper on site.

This has maybe been suggested 73,000+ times, too, but I'm thinking that if you did it for your last day of the 8 day ticket, there should be a way to upgrade to park hopper on site.

There is, however it will be the same cost for that last day as it would be if the upgrade was done on day 1.

OP- one of the nice things about staying at an Epcot resort is proximity to Epcot and DHS. Hopping is not time consuming and dies not need to be planned in advance. If your touring plan does not have you hopping I woudl not purchase it until you know you will use it. The cost is not reduced for less days though, and let me tell you, it is an expensive option for a one day hop. I know....I upgraded for my crew on a trip I thought they would all be bouncing around and we used it one time.

Yep, as stated it’s a no-go.

OP, think about your tickets as days. Not entries. If they were entries, you’d be able to do this. But since they’re days, the system will recognize you’ve tried to enter two parks in one day and deny access.

OP, as others have said, you can't use multiple tickets in one day. However, you can upgrade onsite. Once you are there and you find you want to park hop, simply upgrade your ticket at concierge or park guest services.

Like the others have mentioned, it isn’t possible to use 2 days worth of tickets in one day as a work around to adding on the hopper.

On our last visit, we stayed at Beach Club and were really able to get a great use of the hopper. A few days during our trip we actually went to Epcot for the sole purpose of getting lunch at one of the many options in the World Showcase before going back to one of the other parks in the evening. Every trip that we have taken we have always upgraded our tickets to the hopper option. We like to have the flexibility to visit one park in the morning and another in the afternoon/evening, especially when there are EMH. I would take a look at how your plan is coming together to see if you think it would be beneficial. What one person considers a must have option, might not be the same for someone else!

Hope this helps!

As others have said, there is no way to use more then one of your daily tickets on the same day. There is one exception to that. If you happen to be there when there is a special event and are going to that event, like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween, Disney After-Hours, or some other hard-ticketed event. That is a way to enter a different park on the same day without Park-hopper.

An example is, you use your normal ticket at say Epcot and then after 4 you can use your seperatly purchased hard-ticket for Mickey Not So Scary Halloween at Magic Kingdom.

Some people will also purchase one less day if going to a hard-ticketed event and just go to the park of the event when they are allowed in.

This doesn't apply to waterparks, does it? Because my family spent the day at Blizzard Beach and then we dried off, got dressed, and went to EPCOT for our ADR-scheduled dinner.
So if we didn't "use" multiple tickets on the same day... we didn't pay admission or buy more tickets, we just scanned our MB's and everything worked fine, how did that work?

This doesn't apply to waterparks, does it? Because my family spent the day at Blizzard Beach and then we dried off, got dressed, and went to EPCOT for our ADR-scheduled dinner.
So if we didn't "use" multiple tickets on the same day... we didn't pay admission or buy more tickets, we just scanned our MB's and everything worked fine, how did that work?

Had you purchased the water parks option?

Water park entitlements are entries, not days. So you can go to a main park and a water park on the same day, using one day off your ticket and one entry off your water park entitlements. If you went to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon the same day, you would use two entries (unless things have changed in the past couple of years). But you can't use two days for the main parks on one day, if that makes any sense at all.

1. Water park entitlements are entries, not days.
2. So you can go to a main park and a water park on the same day, using one day off your ticket and one entry off your water park entitlements.
3. If you went to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon the same day, you would use two entries 4. (unless things have changed in the past couple of years).
5. But you can't use two days for the main parks on one day...
1. Correct.
2. Right.
3. That is correct when using what is now called "Park Hopper PLUS" (what used to be called, "Water Park Fun and More.")
4. Still correct.
5. Correct. Two (or more) different regular entries to THEME PARKS in one day requires having the Park Hopper option.

1. Correct.
2. Right.
3. That is correct when using what is now called "Park Hopper PLUS" (what used to be called, "Water Park Fun and More.")
4. Still correct.
5. Correct. Two (or more) different regular entries to THEME PARKS in one day requires having the Park Hopper option.

Thank you :-) I reread your ticket sticky after I posted to make sure I wasn't giving bad info :worship: But you said it all more clearly than I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter