Can I walk from the Hampton Inn Sandlake to USF?

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
It says one mile from the parks on the website.. is that true?

The hotel address is 6101 Sand Lake Road.

If I can do it, how do I do it? Is it walking to say the parking garage, and walking from the garage? or is it a mile on the road?

DH walk over a mile a day to the train station, so he is used to it..

Is there any little known shortcuts I am not aware of?

Thanks!!!

i live here and i would not walk it.
it is mile by the interstate.
the back road is turkey lake and i would not walk it if i were a tourist.
take a cab or a shuttle, we do not want to read your name in the headlines of the local paper:smooth:

Don't they have a shuttle from the hotel??? Most area hotels (even the smallest ones) seem to offer some kind of shuttle to the parks...

Also, the Lynx bus runs along in that area too...as an added option. I wouldn't walk it either....

Karen

They do have a shuttle... I was just wondering.. we walk all the time here, I didn't know if it was interstate, or business industrial, or suburban, or what...

Ah...well never fear, you can get PLENTY of exercise walking around the parks!!! ;)

Yea, well...it would be a good hike from Sand Lake all the way up there...and the roads are very busy...and as MIB said...you might not want to be walking around there as only tourists really would...you would stand out like a sore thumb...tourists carry lots of money, usually! :(
Better to be safe!

A day in the parks is pretty exhausting in itself...I'm sure at the end of the day, especially, you won't be looking to walk much more! ;)

Karen

I was just wondering if the one mile meant from the garage or what., or what type of distance it was.

As for tourists carrying lots of cash.. that is NOT US!!! Hate to disappoint!

I was just wondering if the one mile meant from the garage or what., or what type of distance it was.

As for tourists carrying lots of cash.. that is NOT US!!! Hate to disappoint!

that would be one mile as the crow flies:smooth:

do not walk it. tourists score extra points

This one's between Universal Blvd. and Kirkman Road. Definitely not a walk to or from most anything.

I usually drive that path and I think it takes me 10 minutes to get to the front gate. Take the bus or jump on a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter