Can someone check Lego store for me?

peterpanandwendy

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! If anyone is popping into the Lego store anyway, would you be able to check if they have any of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets available? My son wants one of the ships sooooooooo bad and it would be great if they had them there :) That would be his one Disney Souvineer.

You might be able to give them a ring.
714-991-6512
Store Hours
Sun-Thurs 10:00 am - 10:00pm
Fri-Sat 10:00am-11:00pm

The unfortumate fact of Lego is that they release then discontinue sets. The moment they are discontinued, their value skyrockets. Great if you have extra to sell, not so great if you have a child that just got into it.

Looks like the only set that was released in 2017 was Silent Mary, with a price of 199.99. (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_) It seems to still be available.

Honestly, if your state's sales tax is lower than CA's, and if you don't have an AP to get a discount on it, I would buy it from the Lego website (https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Silent-Mary-71042) instead of while on your trip. Legos have a tendency to be lost, and kids have a tendency to want to build NOW; and that's a bad combo while at a hotel, take it from me.

I don't know how old your son is or how long he's been into legos, but that set has an age recommendation of 14+. I wrote into Lego once about their ages, and they said that age recommendations like that are all about frustration level (once you're past the Lego-swallowing/inhaling age) So if he's a Lego expert then go for it, but if he's not, expect a complicated build and lots of helping him. Of course, if he's an expert than you know all this about Legos being discontinued. :)

Thank Bumbershoot. I knew about them being discontinued by Lego, but I was sort of hoping that since they were created for the Disney films they might still have a few specially released to the store in Disneyland. Long shot, I know, but I figured I would ask if anyone had seen one.

Our rule on toys at Disneyland is that you don’t get one until the end of the last day. That saves the hassle of mind changes etc. and them losing stuff or breaking stuff before we go home. I would obviously not let him build something like that in a hotel room.

As far as skill level, we are a Lego family and have a Lego Movie worthy world constructed in our basement. Buying and building complicated sets is something we do together as a family as a hobby, like how some families do puzzles or board games. My son is 7 but can easily do sets for 12+ up on his own now. Hunting down rare complete sets is something we do for fun.

Then you’re at expert level. :)

Alas the Lego stores at Disney have almost nothing exclusive, and they aren’t immune to discontinuations.

Best score I’ve ever had was seeing a discontinued Indy set at a local toy store *on clearance*. I swooped so fast. :) My son had just gotten into Indy about a month before they were discontinued. When he got into Harry Potter and I realized they had Lego, it was the last year of the sets. I bought everything but the Express set and stashed them away for about 2 years of gifts. :)

I figured that was probably the case :( too bad. The Silent Mary looked pretty fantastic. I'm sad we missed that one. I will have to keep my eye out on Ebay or something than.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter