Can someone help me with researching a prospective rentee???...

Maybelle

<font color=green>I rode my inch worm down the str
I am having trouble researching prospective folks to rent from on the boards. This is what I have done:

I click their name and go to their profile, then click to check their posts, but nothing comes up....what am I missing??

HELP a NEWBIE!!! PLEASE!!! :goodvibes I am ultra cautious because I can't afford to lose out, but I really want this to work!

Thank you!

You may want to take this question to the technical board. I had no trouble checking some of the posters on the rent trade board but am unable to check yours. You have plenty of posts so it doesn't seem like it is one of the items that is limited by how many you have. Good luck
One of the things you may want to do is ask for references and ask for a phone number so you can talk with the person even after you check their posts.

One thing to keep in mind, too, is that issues with renting ~ on either side ~ are few and far between. And in the very few cases I remember hearing about, it's the renter, not the rentee, who reneges on an agreement. I'm not saying that you personally would be a bad renter, it's just that I can't recall reading any reports where the rentee messed with a renters reservation or cancelled anything. I think sometimes people get a little hung up on the fact that the member controls the reservation, but that doesn't mean that said member would actually do anything.

Keep in mind that looking at anyone's posts may not do you any good at all. So they post a lot on the DIS...that may not tell you much. Just don't want you to put much stock in what people post.

I can't recall reading any reports where the rentee messed with a renters reservation or cancelled anything. I think sometimes people get a little hung up on the fact that the member controls the reservation, but that doesn't mean that said member would actually do anything.
There was an example of a woman who was renting out her aunt's points a few months back. She was OK for a couple of rentals but ended up taking people's money and not making any reservations. She was caught and banned from the DIS and I know that the police were involved. So, it can happen.

That being said, the rental process is one of trust ... on both sides. I think it's a great idea to look at people's posts to get an idea of what kind of person they are. While I am sure than many newbie renters are perfectly honest people I know I would feel more comfortable renting from someone with an established presence here on the DIS instead.

And yes, I have been on both sides of the rental equation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter