• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we get a roll away bed?

bockegg

Earning My Ears
Hello:

I have a simple question. We've just been approved did not close yet. However, when we are able to book will they bring us a roll away bed if we ask?

Thanks,
Mike

There's no such thing at DVC hotels, we've asked. We have an 11-year old girl and 9-year old boy who can't sleep in the same bed since the boy likes to kick - we bring along a twin-size Coleman air mattress (they take turns on the floor - we DO call housekeeping and ask for extra bedding, though). Works great.

Just confirming - the DVC resorts do not provide cots, or rollaway beds. Members can either book larger accomodations (to get more beds) or they can do as CarolynK does.

NO.

DVC will not provide extra bedding for additional guests.

My guess is that even though it sounds like your case is genuine that many would try to "game" the system by making up stories like yours to get extra bedding for guest that would put them over the occupancy levels for that room type. DVC is smart to not aid the offenders. In your case you either need a two bedroom or bring the stated air mattress. You could also use the cushions off the couch as a suedo bed.

If you buy AKV the one bedrooms would sleep your family in a one bedroom. One child on the pull out couch and one on the sleep chair/recliner.

Jay

We have a rolling duffle packed with an air mattress, pump, sheets and lightweight blanket that we use when needing that extra bed. There are usually enough pillows so don't bother with them. We just check it with our other luggage and sometime have room in it for those extras we always seem to bring back.

The newest style of sleeper sofa has non-removable cushions, so they cannot be used to make a bed for the kid who sleeps on the floor. There usually is enough pillows for the occupancy of the room, so you wouldn't need additional pillows, but you will need your own sheets since Housekeeping is not supposed to provide those.

There's no such thing at DVC hotels, we've asked. We have an 11-year old girl and 9-year old boy who can't sleep in the same bed since the boy likes to kick - we bring along a twin-size Coleman air mattress (they take turns on the floor - we DO call housekeeping and ask for extra bedding, though). Works great.

We are like you. There will be 4 of us traveling. We want to get a 1 bedroom at OKW. However, the 2 girls cannot sleep in the same bed, so I believe the air mattress is in order.

Thank you and everyone else for all the help.

We are like you. There will be 4 of us traveling. We want to get a 1 bedroom at OKW. However, the 2 girls cannot sleep in the same bed, so I believe the air mattress is in order.

Thank you and everyone else for all the help.

Don't hesitate to call housekeeping - though FYI, when I ask housekeeping for something like that (as opposed to something that THEY forgot, like no soap in the bathroom), I tip the delivery person.

Early in BWV construction DVC announced they would have roll aways. However, they changed that and by the time it opened, they would no allow roll aways even though they have them on property for BWI. I do know of exceptions at BWV (not other DVC) due to mess ups on Disney or DVC's part though.

DVC states they will not provide roll away cots at their resorts. I wanted to have 5 in a studio and was told I could but they will not give me a roll away.

As others have said....no rollaways.

It's interesting that the new AKV state that there will be a sleeper chair in the living room of the one/two-bedroom. If you bought at AKV, you're set except for when you use a studio.

As others have said....no rollaways.

It's interesting that the new AKV state that there will be a sleeper chair in the living room of the one/two-bedroom. If you bought at AKV, you're set except for when you use a studio.

Which actually brings up something I've been wondering. Since they seem to be *informally* relaxing the rules on occupancy, do you suppose they're getting ready to put the sleeper chairs in the other DVC one-bedrooms? Just a thought . . .

Which actually brings up something I've been wondering. Since they seem to be *informally* relaxing the rules on occupancy, do you suppose they're getting ready to put the sleeper chairs in the other DVC one-bedrooms? Just a thought . . .

While there's plenty of room in an OKW 1-B/R, I don't know where they'd have room in the other DVC resorts' 1-B/R unit. They have the TV credenza, Sofa, small table and two chairs. No dining room, and dining is at a kitchen counter.

I just don't think there's room in those units to add a sleeper chair.

I'm hoping that they go back to the original rules of only 4 plus one in a one bedroom in the other villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter