Can you give me the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

IMO, if you have to finance it, you can't afford it. It completely flips the math, which is iffy without financing.

If you are traveling in August, you might never break even, even without financing. Priceline was showing Port Orleans and AKL at 200, Swolphin was pretty close to that. DVC math will never work versus options like this.

If you're really set on DVC, just rent points. The math is razor thin against renting, and you don't have to pony up five figures to lock in a risky timeshare.

I would not buy now for something you can maybe use in 10 years. I would redo the math then. I know it's changed a whole lot, even from when I bought in 2018-9. DVC is not going anywhere, you will be able to buy then. With all the new stuff coming online, WDW DVC may have reached saturation. DVC is still sitting on millions of Aulani and RIV points, and couldn't even sell a couple million VGF. They will have tens of millions of points going online with the trailers and Poly2. Who knows what this will do this product in a decade.

Maybe ten years from now, SSR will keep going down, and you'll be able to buy an even cheaper SSR contract and be happy with a 9 point room in September, when everyone is in school.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter