Can you only do dining for part of your stay

Grumpy's Wife

Dollar Tree gal here
OK, we will be arriving late our first day. We would not use any of the credits on that day and I really don't want to pay for something I will not use. Can you have the dining plan for part and not all of your stay? Has anyone done this? Thanks for any help you can give me.

You don't need to use a credit on your first night. It would probably work out better for you that way, because you will then have a credit leftover for your last day. The credits are based on nights, not days, so if you are staying for 7 days (six nights) you will have 6 credits, not 7 credits. The credits are good until midnight on checkout day.

You have to book the DP for your entire stay. To get around this you can book 2 different reservations, one with and one without the DP.

We have a split reservation in May (5/6-5/13) First 3 nights on DDP with MYW package and 4 nights with room only. Even though we will also arrive late on our 1st day, we plan to use 1 CS on 5/6 and the remaining CS & TS on next 3 days (5/7-5/9). Since credits expire at midnight the day of your check-out we will be using them over 4 days. :)

If I were you, I would do your first night there as room only, then recheck in the next morning on the MYW package with Dining ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter