Can you pay a Disney Vacation 3/4 years in advance? Or how to add money into it?

LuthienDragon

Mouseketeer
Mexican Peso is relatively strong in exchange of the dollar for the first time in 10 years ($15 mxn for a dollar). Our previous government made sure to kill the peso, so for the last Disney vacations I have been paying literally double (used to be $10 mxn for a dollar. Last years it's been $23 mxn for a dollar) and well, I want to take advantage of that.

Is there some way to pay in advance? Currently expecting a baby, so we cannot go now or in the next three years...TIA!

Can you open a US bank account for savings in USD? Maybe not.

I suppose you could book as far out as possible today -- which I think is currently Dec. 2025. Make payments towards it. At some point next year after new dates are released, move it out further (to 2026) and the funds will stay with it as long as you make that change before the Pay-in-full date (typically 30 days prior to arrival). Keep making payments. Then move it out again (and again) until you get to the dates you want. The final balance will change each time you move the date out, so keep that in mind for budgeting. There just isn't a way to accurately know how much a vacation in 3-4 years will cost, but you can definitely put as much towards it as possible.

Another option might be to buy Disney gift cards. But that absolutely ties up your funds. You would not be able to cash them out if an emergency arose and you needed money at home.

Mexican Peso is relatively strong in exchange of the dollar for the first time in 10 years ($15 mxn for a dollar). Our previous government made sure to kill the peso, so for the last Disney vacations I have been paying literally double (used to be $10 mxn for a dollar. Last years it's been $23 mxn for a dollar) and well, I want to take advantage of that.

Is there some way to pay in advance? Currently expecting a baby, so we cannot go now or in the next three years...TIA!
Why would you not just convert Pesos to dollars and deposit the funds in a US bank account? The Patriot Act still allows non-resident aliens to own US bank accounts, so just convert Pesos to dollars whenever the exchange rate is favorable.

Disney only books their resorts & tickets into the next year, so there’s no way to book anything that far out. You could buy Disney gift cards. But that ties your money up with Disney with no way for a refund if you end up not traveling & need the money.

Why would you not just convert Pesos to dollars and deposit the funds in a US bank account? The Patriot Act still allows non-resident aliens to own US bank accounts, so just convert Pesos to dollars whenever the exchange rate is favorable.

Probably the best option. Then you’ll be making interest as well. Just in case you can’t make the trip, it will help with the loss when you reconvert to pesos.

Probably the best option. Then you’ll be making interest as well. Just in case you can’t make the trip, it will help with the loss when you reconvert to pesos.
Yeah. There are certainly several hoops to jump through, particularly if the OP is a Mexican national, but it's pretty doable.

I already own a US Bank Account, but those are just savings in general for myself and retirement. What I want is to pay in Mexican Pesos credit card for a direct charge. Having to exchange pesos to dollars (thru transfers) loses a lot of money so I don't do it often in general.

Please don't tie up that money in Disney with a kid on the way this far out. The future is unpredictable especially in light of a new child. Just save the money in US dollars for now.

It's money we were planning on using for a Disney vacation this Summer before we learned about our new situation, so it's really extra. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter