• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you still use Disney gift cards to pay dues

I ran into a problem using my GC so I wanted to explain what happened in the hopes it might help someone...

My dues were $2300. I had 3 GC ($1000, $1000, $900). When I clicked to pay in full, it kept rejecting the first GC I tried to use. I tried the others but they wouldn't work either. I had to select a partial payment for the amount on the GC ($1000). After that went through, I took a picture of the confirmation with my phone just in case. I then did a second partial payment for $1000 and then a third for the remaining $300 balance using the $900 GC. I also took pictures of those confirmations too just in case.

Bottom line is you can't try to pay for more than is on a single GC. I thought that maybe it would keep asking me for more payment options when the GC wasn't enough but it didn't. It just outright rejected the card.

I ran into a problem using my GC so I wanted to explain what happened in the hopes it might help someone...

My dues were $2300. I had 3 GC ($1000, $1000, $900). When I clicked to pay in full, it kept rejecting the first GC I tried to use. I tried the others but they wouldn't work either. I had to select a partial payment for the amount on the GC ($1000). After that went through, I took a picture of the confirmation with my phone just in case. I then did a second partial payment for $1000 and then a third for the remaining $300 balance using the $900 GC. I also took pictures of those confirmations too just in case.

Bottom line is you can't try to pay for more than is on a single GC. I thought that maybe it would keep asking me for more payment options when the GC wasn't enough but it didn't. It just outright rejected the card.
Yes, same thing happened to me. I forgot to mention that in my post too.

What do you mean by this? The egiftcards that I have gotten all contain the same 16 digit code that the plastic cards have. When entering a gift card, all the Disney site asks for is they 16 digit number.

According to DVC management the eGift card account numbers from the Disney vacation account are not being checked by the website so they won't verify. Apparently it's an IT issue, none of my numbers passed but member accounting can accept the numbers.

:earsboy: Bill

I was getting the same error, didn't read this until after I called member services and they applied my gift cards. It's done!

So glad I saw this. I’m a dvc noob and hasn’t even thought of paying with a gift card despite the fact that I’ve pulled this trick on my “cash” visits before! Worked like a charm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter