Canada Set To Announce Dropping Covid Tests for Visits Under 72 hours

I think the biggest thing is that the current system when it comes to short trips doesn't make any scientific sense. If the purpose for the tests as they say is to reduce bringing in new cases that originated outside of the country, the current "get tested in Canada and use that as your return test" doesn't accomplish that purpose.

I’m fine with the PCR requirement for the longer trips. Do I love it ? No. But at this time it will catch us bringing it back into the country after a four day or longer trip . And even the fully vaxxed can do that. So until we have kids vaccinated I think it makes sense.
However I am thrilled to see it dropped for shorter trips .. that truly didn’t make any sense.

I’m fine with the PCR requirement for the longer trips. Do I love it ? No. But at this time it will catch us bringing it back into the country after a four day or longer trip . And even the fully vaxxed can do that. So until we have kids vaccinated I think it makes sense.
However I am thrilled to see it dropped for shorter trips .. that truly didn’t make any sense.
Keeping the testing in place is another reminder that all of us need to be prepared to stay in the US for an additional 10 days when we travel. It's a contingency budget each of us needs to have in place. At home if I get symptoms I can stay in my home. It's totally different on vacation and can greatly increase the cost of our trip.

Keeping the testing in place is another reminder that all of us need to be prepared to stay in the US for an additional 10 days when we travel. It's a contingency budget each of us needs to have in place. At home if I get symptoms I can stay in my home. It's totally different on vacation and can greatly increase the cost of our trip.

I don't have an issue with testing being done, I just wish they would be satisfied with an antigen test.

I leave in 47 days for a 12 day trip and I’m not looking forward to the PCR testing or potential worry at all. But I am excited to travel again so I’m planning for those contingencies the best I can. I don’t like it, but I get it.

I’m desperate to get back to Disney! Thinking of taking a short three day trip! I will make sure that I get tested when I return. This has given me some hope ♥️

I thought if we were Canadian citizens even with a positive test result they can't refuse you entry into Canada but will tell you to go straight home and quarantine and you have to check in with them during a certain time frame.

I thought if we were Canadian citizens even with a positive test result they can't refuse you entry into Canada but will tell you to go straight home and quarantine and you have to check in with them during a certain time frame.
you can if you are driving but if the airline requires a negative test and you're positive you will have to figure out how to quarantine in Florida or where ever you are.

Honestly, I don't know. Since the government says a negative PCR test is required to enter Canada, I honestly don't know what they would do if you arrived at the border and your test was positive.
you can if you are driving but if the airline requires a negative test and you're positive you will have to figure out how to quarantine in Florida or where ever you are.
Yes, this is our situation. We fly to FL out of Buffalo. We will not be able to board the plane back to Buffalo if we're positive. A negative test is not required to board a domestic flight but, since I will need to be tested to enter Canada once we land, I could not in good conscience board a flight knowing I was positive.

Yes sorry, I was referring to driving. We never fly.

Honestly, I don't know. Since the government says a negative PCR test is required to enter Canada, I honestly don't know what they would do if you arrived at the border and your test was positive.

I'm still searching the government website but I remember early on them saying they can't refuse any fully vaccinated canadian citizen entry into Canada by land anyways.

Sorry I have no advice for air travel.

Yes, this is our situation. We fly to FL out of Buffalo. We will not be able to board the plane back to Buffalo if we're positive. A negative test is not required to board a domestic flight but, since I will need to be tested to enter Canada once we land, I could not in good conscience board a flight knowing I was positive.
My plan for this is to fly from MCO-Bangor and cross the land border. I will pack one of those Air Canada tests with me and only take the test upon landing in Bangor. Results are supposed to be emailed very quickly. We will spend the night there and drive across the border the next day to come home. I am like you, I don't want to test in Orlando because if one of us does test positive, I cannot in good conscience get on that plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter