Canada to announce new travel restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone think about the impact the new variant might have on summer plans? I read this morning that one should have eye protection and masks for all people in an interaction, even when outside and distanced. Got me thinking that my backyard pool visits of last summer may be gone this year.

Interprovincial travel may be out for us for the time being with these variants. Seems my world just keeps shrinking....
https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-variants-canada-risk-1.5901797

This is my reaction to the new variants :rotfl2:

It's so depressing to think it might get worse :(

Makes me wish I was able to put a pool in the back. I was hoping we'd be able to go to the beach and Calypso water park this summer but I guess not?

Our Intex pool was a life saver this summer, especially since we were at home and not at work all summer. I would set my laptop up under the table umbrella and turn up the volume. If I heard an email "ping" I would hop out of the pool, reply to it and then hop back in. Plus, it didn't hurt that the weather was amazing this year!

Our Intex pool was a life saver this summer, especially since we were at home and not at work all summer. I would set my laptop up under the table umbrella and turn up the volume. If I heard an email "ping" I would hop out of the pool, reply to it and then hop back in. Plus, it didn't hurt that the weather was amazing this year!

I had one of those but our yard is sloped, it didn't last past the one summer sadly. Perhaps this year I'll try again, we'll see...

I already told DH that we ARE buying a nice beautiful outdoor patio set to use this summer. I have MANY pins of items to build to create a backyard retreat to use this summer. Especially since we are not doing a hot holiday. I will use the money I had set aside to create a nice space for this summer. I also want to put in a small fire pit. I have a feeling that travelling in different provinces will not happen this summer. I want to have a nice space to retreat to and enjoy the summer and beautiful weather when we get it.

I missed out on buying one of those propane firepits this summer. Jumping on that this spring when costco brings them in.

Because lots of amazingly beautiful places all over the world are affordable? 🤷‍♀️ It's not expensive because it's beautiful, it's expensive because it's Canada. But, definitely correct that it's not cheap place to live!

Where in the world are you travelling where the cost is so low? Travel is expensive in my experience, between getting there and everything else once you are there. If you are travelling to very economically disadvantaged countries, then of course it will seem "cheaper" in our dollars - but there's still a cost to get there, etc.

Where in the world are you travelling where the cost is so low? Travel is expensive in my experience, between getting there and everything else once you are there. If you are travelling to very economically disadvantaged countries, then of course it will seem "cheaper" in our dollars - but there's still a cost to get there, etc.
Travel can be very cheap. I went to Myrtle Beach last March and it cost us $1500 US for the week. Travel doesn't have to be that expensive. For me I always fly out of Buffalo NY as it's much cheaper and as far as hotels go, for me it's just a place to sleep. We usually get a hotel that's no more $120 a night.

I seriously considered getting one last summer (I saw they sold out fast), but DH didn’t want it to wreck our grass and my teens thought it would be lame because everyone else has an in ground backyard pool, ie. our neighbours behind/beside us. If my kids were much younger I’d get one of those smaller inflatable ones for sure.

This will go on until we as a society don't allow it to anymore. No I don't be by stamping it out, thats impossible, I mean by electing new politicians as this will be an election issue and there will be an election within the year federally. The vaccines won't be our saviour, the variants point to that, it will mutate and get around them and we can't modify it fast enough to get out of this. Luckily most people who get covid won't die and it likely won't be more deadly as the virus doesn't transmit through dead people so that doesn't give it a competitive advantage

To the US? Caribbean? Mexico? Europe? Can vacation all those places cheaper than I can travel out west in my own country if you watch flight sales.

I seriously considered getting one last summer (I saw they sold out fast), but DH didn’t want it to wreck our grass and my teens thought it would be lame because everyone else has an in ground backyard pool, ie. our neighbours behind/beside us. If my kids were much younger I’d get one of those smaller inflatable ones for sure.

Yes, we did make a crusher dust pool pad with lumber outline for it. However, the grass is still alive and well under it (we didnt dig out the earth, just added it over top). The pool is used 90% by DH and I and we love it. Beer, music and floating is just perfect for us. It is 15x48 so a good size.

Yes, we did make a crusher dust pool pad with lumber outline for it. However, the grass is still alive and well under it (we didnt dig out the earth, just added it over top). The pool is used 90% by DH and I and we love it. Beer, music and floating is just perfect for us. It is 15x48 so a good size.

We did the same, crusher dust pad, though we have a rhino pad over that because lesson learned - crusher dust particles can puncture a hole in the bottom.

Ours is 18, and yes, is a lot of fun to relax in with a lounger!

@mshanson3121 oh, yes we have a tarp over top of the crusher dust, but I would like to add a pad of some type instead.

I think I might add some garden weed mesh stuff to keep the grass and dandelions from growing around it too. Maybe staple it to the lumber and then I can just remove it each season and add new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter