Canada's Wonderland Meet **Update Aug. 22**

So sorry you can't make the PCW meet, Mickey. :( Maybe you will be able to come at the end of September. We'd all love to meet you! :D

Sandra, my kids probably won't want to stay with "us adults" and Dan is also meeting a friend there. I'll just arrange to meet up with them periodically, if that's the case. They didn't want to go into the waterpark anyway.

I've been checking these weather sites:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/CAXX0504?y=12&x=10

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/cities/can/toronto_ON.htm

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/In...recast&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/i...ntario&lookup=canada&Select+city=Submit+Query

Keeping my fingers crossed! :sunny:

Looking like Saturday all! Julie, I sent you a PM, but your mail box is full.

Questions:

How long is everyone planning to stay?
Who is bringing a picnic lunch?
Will we try to meet for lunch?
Anyone doing the water park?
Are we trying to travel together?
Are you all daredevils? LOL
What rides WON'T you ride? I have a problem with Drop Zone, but I will ride it if I absolutely HAVE TOO. I don't think I'll be doing Extreme Flyer either LOL.

I'd like to ditch ds and dh at home (LOL) so dd and I can do all the BIG rides with you all!

We will leave home about 9am, so should be there about 9:30am and meet you all in front of the fountains/mountain, the Canadian Flag in the PCW map http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/visit_map.jsp ~ the coffee shop is located to the left of the Canadian Flag (flag on the map) about half way up the left side of International Drive. Chat soon! S

We're hoping to be there about 9.30 and we'll probably close the park. We'll be bringing a picnic since the prices there are crazy. DS is the daredevil in our family. He'll ride anything and everything. We probably won't do the water park.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

The latest temp prediction for Saturday is 23ºC ~ that might be too cold for me to swim. I really like the new water slides thou! They have one that is EXACTLY like one at BB.

So I guess we all meet at the fountain about 9:30-9:45am-ish ~ how about lunch? Shall we try to meet up again?

Don't fill up too much ~ you'll NEED a Funnel Cake for dessert! HEY! Did you know that the word STRESSED is the word DESSERTS spelled backwards ~ hummmmmm that's something to think about! S

Hi all. DD lost her soccer game last night so the season is over--if they had won they would have played Saturday so this DIS meet will be her consolation prize. We'll try to be there by 9:45 but that means leaving by 7:30, so we're not sure what the kids will think about that. We'll probably stay until the park closes, too. We will be bringing a picnic lunch. Meeting for lunch sounds good. I'm not much for rides so I hope to do the waterpark but it depends on the weather and the kids. DS 14 and Deb are the daredevils. DD 12 and I are total chickens. We walk around and check out all the snack bars and the shows. 2 questions: what time does the park actually open? Are there cheaper tickets for those who dont go on the rides?
See you all Saturday
Tony

We plan to leave around 7:30am and I think it will take about 2 hrs to get to PCW. We'll meet everyone at the Canadian Flag area between 9:30-10:00. The park opens at 10 o'clock, Tony. We'll look for you if you get there later.

I may just buy our lunches there, haven't really decided yet, but we'll plan to meet for lunch with everyone else who wants to.

My kids will probably want to tour around on their own, so I'd like to stick with the group, if that's the case.

I have only been on the coasters at Disney, IOA and the new "Kraken" at Sea World, and I enjoyed all those, so I plan to go on anything similar at Wonderland.

I'm bringing our bathing suits "just in case" but my kids probably won't go in the waterpark, I will though. Toronto Temp shows 26ºC for Saturday with variable cloudiness and 30% pop.

Sandra says that parking is around $7.50 and locker rental is $5.00 with $5.00 deposit.

At this point I don't know how late we'll stay. We'll see how the day goes, I guess. The park is open 10am ~ 10pm, so bring a sweater if you plan to stay late!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday! :D

Sandra, I'm just wondering if I do decide to pack a lunch, where is the best place to keep it until lunchtime? In the cooler in the car? What do you do? Is it easy to get back to the parking lot? Where will we eat?

You know, I'm actually starting to feel as if we are all arranging to meet for a day at Disneyworld! Maybe if we all close our eyes and "click our heels"..........:teeth:

LOL Julie, we usually bring pizza buns, or pbj's or other sandwiches that keep well with only a small ice pack. We freeze juice boxes and that really helps keep things cool. I bring fruit, veggies and cookies as snacks. I usually carry around my lunch in a back pack, but we have a stroller to push things around in. I would say getting to the parking lot at PCW would be like getting to a really great parking space at MGM. Last time we went to PCW, we left our lunch in the cooler in the car and went back to the car for a picnic. It was nice getting away from the crowds. Maybe meeting for lunch on a grassy area just outside the entrance might be nice.

We had an interesting day. Today was Emily's Sick Kids appt with her cardiologist and tests. Last year she did great! So I had no reason to think this year would be different. WRONG! Emily's heart is having some trouble. She is wearing a holter monitor right now. Pretty common stuff, but this is like her 6th one. The dr and techny said it's okay for her to go PCW tomorrow, but no water park. I can just imagine the holter reading during THE BAT! LOL! I'm a little freaked out right now. I'll be better tomorrow! I think we'll only stay 3 or 4 hours tomorrow. Emily and all of us are REALLY looking forward to seeing you all again! S

Thanks for the info Sandra! I forgot about freezing juice boxes, I used to do that all the time, that's a great idea. Maybe that's what I'll do and pick up some pizza buns. Thanks! :D

So sorry to hear that Emily's test results were not as expected. I know that is very worrying for you {{hugs}}. I'm sure she is excited about tomorrow and I'm glad that she is still able to go, holter moniter and all! It will be great to see you all for as long as you can stay tomorrow! :D

We unfortunately can't make it tomorrow. Both kids advanced to the semi finals in their tennis tournament and play tomorrow AGAINST EACH OTHER. This will not be a fun match. They're playing doubles as well and not together so it could turn out to be against each other as well.
I am planning to be at the Sept meet. Please remember the pictures so I can see them and I'd love to see the DLP pictures as well. See you in September. Have fun at Wonderland. Kathy

Sorry to hear you can't make it Kathy! We'll look forward to seeing you in September.

{{{HUGS}}} Sandra. It must be really hard for you not to worry too much about Emily. Ginny is really looking forward to seeing her again tomorrw.

We usually leave our lunch in the car and take a break outside the park.

See you all tomorrow! Kathy

Take lots of pictures Kath...so you can bring them to the mini meet! Have a great time all!

We got three passes today and Tony will be along to watch us daredevils!!!!! Sandra: try not to worry but I know that is easier said than done. I'm glad that you will be able to come even for a few hours. We also eat our lunch on the grass out near the car since it saves from lugging it around the park. It also gives us a chance to pick up our bathing suits and towels too. See you soon. Tony and Debbie

Thanks a bunch. We are aiming to leave our house about 9am ~ which means 9:15am in Sandra World, so we'll be there about 9:30am-9:45am.

Emily will wear the monitor in a fanny pack for comfort. Sick Kids says she can ride all the rides at PCW, except water rides, I'm just wondering if PCW staff will notice the monitor and stop her. Her fav ride these days is THE BAT! I love that one too! We hope to join everyone for lunch too! We'll have too see how the morning goes. Emily is really looking forward to seeing Ginny too!

See you in the morning! I soooooo hope not to be late!

Get you in the mood:

SPLASH MOUNTAIN = Timberwolf Falls
KALI RIVER RAPIDS = White Water Canyon
TOWER OF TERROR = Drop Zone
BIG THUNDER RAILROAD = Thunder Run
PRIMEVAL WHIRL = The Fly
BUZZ LIGHTYEAR = Scoopy Doo's Haunted Mansion

S

Have a great time tomorrow everyone!! :) :)

Sandra, I hope you and Emily have a happy, stress-free day! :)

Mickey's right, lots of pics please!! :)

Here we goooooo. Just gotta stop for a Tim Hortons coffee and we'll be on our way. See you all soon.
Tony

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I got home from WDW late Wednesday after a flight delay (mechanical problems...which scared the %^&* out of me) Anyways now I'm either having a severe allergy attack or have a bad cold. I can't tell which. I really wish I could have made it :( I was hoping the symptoms would have cleared up by today. Anyhow my apologies and hope all of you who attended had a great time :)

Hope you all had a great day. The weather held up anyway. Well our tournament is over-went to a tie-breaker but DS beat DD 7-5 in the tie-breaker. They actually were quite civil to each other but as DS said if the match had gone to my DD everyone would have known who won.LOL Hard to believe another summer is almost over. One more week and back to work for me. See you all in Sept. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter