Canadian At Par Room Codes Coming May 15th

I made $70. today. Not a terribly big turn-out. Plus it poured with rain ~ luckily I had everything in my garage.

I think a lot of people are still hoping to scrounge the junk people have put out for our community spring clean-up this coming week. I put some junk out and last night around 12:30 I heard a truck and watched as someone, in the dark, loaded all my junk into the back.

I don't have a lot of big stuff to sell to make the big bucks but I still have lots of things to sell another day. I hope to make at least a couple of hundred dollars in the end.

I was talking to my neighbour and he is going to our local fair grounds on Monday to have his stuff auctioned off instead of having a garage sale. They take 20% as commission. I may try that if I can't get rid of my things at another garage sale maybe next Saturday. I don't want to take it back down to the basement!

I was surprised that some good board games and puzzles didn't sell at all. It's hard to know what people are looking for. Some seem to be impulse buys and some ask me for something specific.

Still, I am going to the bank to exchange that $70 into US dollars.

Plus I just got a check for $190. back out of my $275. deposit for Dan's cancelled music trip to Cleaveland. The school board has cancelled all the trips due to "world situations". I'm ticked off that I have lost $85. due to non-refundable parts of the trip. But since I wasn't expecting even that $190, because I thought the deposit was nonrefundable, I'm going to exchange that into US funds too.

Lisa, I expect any day now we will hear something from Dan's University choices. Then it will be real, that we have to fork out all this money! :( :( :(

Julie every little bit counts. I saved 900.00 u.s. thru rewards programs that paid in us dollars.. Now it was over three years of putting 20.00 to 40.00 a month u.s. in my us. bank account.

Julie we were in your area a couple of weeks ago in rural Bright. Love the fresh air compared to my city.

Lisa, I like the l00 canadian for a moderate, we have passes so 700 sounds great. Do you think the poly will be 199 canadian a night? Wouldn't that be great. Hopeful wishing.

Deb.

Deb, Bright is a cute little town. I often drive through there when going to Kitchener if I don't want to go the busy 401 route.

You're right Julie...in my exchange calculations I included the tax... without tax it could be $55 US x 1.4 = $77 CAD but with tax we would pay $55 x 1.12 x 1.4 =$86.24 CAD as you said. But I found the rates really varied last year so we'll see what they come out with on Thursday...it will all really depend on what exchange rate they "choose" to use. 5 more sleeps ;)

Julie last october SW offered a freinds fly free promotion, so I am hoping they do it again this year.

apdaisyplane.gif

PICK ME!!!!! PICK ME!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone:

I know the mousesavers site talks about a canada at par coming out on May 15. I have spoke to two different cm's at walt disney travel and they can't seem to find any info about it. Do you think it is in the central reservations computer?

Deb.

I asked at WDTC as well & they knew nothing about it. Last year it was with CRO so let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

Hi Lisa:

I just called down again and asked for central res. and the fella said he was dual.
So I again asked about the canada at par, he said that he went to a meeting about the new discounts and was told it would come out on the 20/21st. He also checked the computer and said the only thing in it at this time was a canadian AAA discount.

Yes we should keep our fingers crossed, and I am still going to check tomorrow. Good luck, folks,

Deb.

Well I hope he's wrong...sometimes they don't seem to know what's happening in advance & people get so many different stories. I'm going to call tomorrow morning as well so, as I said, let's kep our fingers crossed. Be sure to post what you find out...see you on here bright & early tomorrow :teeth:

I'll keep my fingers crossed. If someone can post information that they find out tomorrow morning that would be great. I'll call but btn 7am-8am I'm getting my darling DS up and on the bus.

Cdnmickeylover

Yes I do have the FT package right now for 7 nights (Oct. 18-24th) but if the "at par" rates are good (as good as last year & the AS rate looks like it's the same as it was last year :)), I think I'd be better off with a room only. I like the payment policy better...plus I need an extra night.

I think we'll spend the 1st night (Oct 17th) at the Hampton Inn at the airport because I have a coupon for a free night (due to a bad experience during our stay at a Hampton Inn last year on our trip down to WDW) & we arrive at MCO at 10:30 pm anyway. I'd like to stay the last night (Oct 25) at the Poly though but it's not worth it to add it to the FT as I'm not paying rack rate for it :( & our flight leaves MCO at 8 am the next morning (so the UPH for the extra night is a waste of money). If worse comes to worse and I can't find a good room-only code, we'll probably spend the last day at WDW but spend the last night at an airport hotel as well.

I'll be on the phone tomorrow morning at 7am :) & will definitely post what I find out. I'll try to get info on different resorts if I can.

Yeah, I think I may be in the same boat.
I checked flights today & for a good price with SWA, we can't fly out until Tuesday. We were going to stay somewhere else on Sunday night so we have the full 8th day UPH & then fly on Monday but that now means 2 extra nights. I don't know how this will work for SIL.

Wow I just checked flights on SW for Oct 1 and Oct 8 and it's about $161 US$ return! I don't know whether to go for that or hold out for AC or AT flights later this summer. I would still have to get to Buffalo from Woodstock. Plus, no one at Disney knows about the at par deal?

Gee...that's a great price Julie...doe that include all taxes? I paid almost as much for my airmiles ticket...they really get you on the taxes...I had to pay $180 in taxes for my "free" airmiles ticket :( My aeroplan one only cost ~$52 in taxes :)

Yes, Lisa from what I can decifer that price includes all taxes and security fees. That's US$. I know what you mean about the taxes here. It's incredible!

My problem is that I'm not sure what our car situation will be next October. My parents live in NF between Chippawa and Fort Erie so I could drive down the day before and then have an airport shuttle come and get me. The thing is that I'm not sure if I will have a car to drive down to NF because I'm not sure when Dh is replacing his. Right now mine is the better car so I can't very well leave it in NF for a week. By the time I pay bus fare to NF, shuttle fare over to Buffalo, it might be cheaper to fly out of TO.

Since I haven't flown since Nov. 2000, do you think there will be seat sales Sept/Oct from TO?

Julie, I got about the same price, $151.00 US taxes included. Also have my TA looking into it for other airlines.
I wish SIL, would let me know about the return flights & if she can get the time off work so I can book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter